AAI says all or nothing @MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL717

As an ATA pilot I know I speak for most if not all of us and apologize for the attitude and words of ATA737CAPT. I have never heard any of our pilots express opinions about AirTran like he did. We are all under a lot of pressure and emotions are high. Some handle it better than others. The group I've been assosiated with at ATA is a class act just as the individuals I personally know at AirTran are too.

Rudderdog,

Thanks for the kind words. I too am disappointed by ATA737CAPT's words. The ATA personnel I have come in contact with have all been a class act. Please understand that the decisions being made are business decisions. We line dogs have no input or influence over the decisions. We wish only the best for the ATA pilot group.

ATA737CAPT said:
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!
Don't worry about that door...it was repossessed yesterday. The "crack" ATA management team will be housed in a tent city by December.

Don't blame AirTran for not succumbing to that bully Chicago mayor - that Daly guy is as crooked as they come (thanks for ruining Meigs Field you Jacka$$!) and someone needs to stand up to that guy. AirTran is a business and is entitled to look for the best deal possible - plain and simple. I'm tired of the ATA guys mouthing off to a very successful LCC. Guess what, we as pilots are not obligated to any position in this industry - that's the sad truth. It's all luck - nobody thought JetBlue would survive when it started up a few years ago and now it is thriving.

If you don't want to fly for AirTran, go send your resume to Virgin America, USA3000 or Transmeridian instead...

ATA737CAPT Does not speak for me!!!

I used to JS on AAI a lot when they flew from PIT to MDW. I always found them a class act and very hospitable.

Somehow, ATA737CAPT, in tough times chose to go to the gutter. He is not a representative of our group.

Hey Six,

Which ATA guys of the 1,100 pilots are you referring to? I see that you have been furloughed, therefore, I am sure you understand the pressure that the ATA guys are going through. No one knows what is going to happen, since it is really up to the bankruptcy judge. For the more senior folks here, it appears that the Air Tran deal will offer them little if anything at all.
So try and understand that they are human beings who handle stress in different ways and that a few have lost their poise. Being relatively junior, I know that I will soon be on the street, but I do not feel that Air Tran, SWA, AWA or anyone owes me any consideration as far as employment. Alot of people here feel the same way. It would be nice, but most of the people here realize what the chances of that are. And all we can do is sit here and wait for the decisions to be made.

So relax and have a beer. I would offer you one of mine but my cat keeps hiding them. Stupid cat. I should have gotten a dog.

ATA737CAPT,

I don't know who you are but you don't represent the pilots of ATA! I have plenty of friends at AirTran and they are of the best gentlemen I know.

If I hear the "S"cab word one more time I'm going to barf on my keyboard, give it a rest already. The original AirTran was composed of mostly Eastern pilots that did not cross and I really just don't care either way anymore.

Wesb737fo said:
Hey Six,

Which ATA guys of the 1,100 pilots are you referring to? I see that you have been furloughed, therefore, I am sure you understand the pressure that the ATA guys are going through. No one knows what is going to happen, since it is really up to the bankruptcy judge. For the more senior folks here, it appears that the Air Tran deal will offer them little if anything at all.
So try and understand that they are human beings who handle stress in different ways and that a few have lost their poise. Being relatively junior, I know that I will soon be on the street, but I do not feel that Air Tran, SWA, AWA or anyone owes me any consideration as far as employment. Alot of people here feel the same way. It would be nice, but most of the people here realize what the chances of that are. And all we can do is sit here and wait for the decisions to be made.

So relax and have a beer. I would offer you one of mine but my cat keeps hiding them. Stupid cat. I should have gotten a dog.
I understand what you are saying and I know that everyone wants to look for a deal to protect their job status, but sometimes that just doesn't work out. I don't think you (collectively) should blast AirTran for looking for the best deal possible because a stronger AirTran would likely hire more pilots - and ATA pilots would probably be strong candidates for positions. Pilots who think they can force themselves onto a seniority list are most likely going to be upset at the end of the day.

A stronger, growing AirTran would bring about more job opportunities - that is what should be considered in this case.

ATA737CAPT said:
Gee, I can't wait to fly with a bunch of illiterate scabs. The only person I ever fired in my life works for airtarn. I'm sure he got much better!
One word............idiot! O.K., one more..............pathetic!

Please don't let this jerk speak for the rest of us!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back