• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI says all or nothing @MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CP's don't know everything. Actually, they know it about 15 minutes before the rest of the pilots.

Our's didn't know squat until right before the filing. I think only about 3 people knew.

AWA, it seems, is amenable to integration by ratio, FL can take their preferential interviews and shove it. I'd rather be a welder. I'd be happy to keep my longevity at SWA and lose my seniority. It would kinda suck being an FO again after only a year as CA, but hey.....:^) It ain't much of a paycut from ATA Captain pay. The only airline(s) I would consider starting over at are WN, FedEx, and UPS. Otherwise, I'm out of the airline biz.

It's spelled Valujet.

BTW, 73Cap, I, amongst others have been saying that whoever takes your planes ought to take your flight crews and treat them right. We're not all vultures.

Good luck, I know this bites.

75M said:
It's spelled Valujet.

BTW, 73Cap, I, amongst others have been saying that whoever takes your planes ought to take your flight crews and treat them right. We're not all vultures.

Good luck, I know this bites.
That is appreciated. Maybe some of you should go talk to your CEO. He obviously doesn't share your sentiment. I just have no idea how he thinks that ATA crews will just fly his new routes until we are replaced. It is unbeliveable that a pilot group that has been accident free for 31 years could be "tossed out" like trash. If AAI is going to expand, they are going to need people to fly the planes....

Replace the entire overhead ?? I think not. The overhead panel in our -800's is every bit of 1960's as your -700's :)

SWA GUY said: "3. Wn would have to change the entire overhead panel and PFD's to match our -700's. Again too much trouble and cost."

Yeah, what MT2 said about the overhead.

Also, as far as the PFD/ND goes, from what I understand it is like a 30 minute job to change it over from our PFD/ND format to SWAs EFIS display.

700 vs 800 overhead

The only difference in the 700 vs 800 on the overhead is that the 800 has zone temp setting vs left/right pack temp control on the packs....everything else is the same.....When I was at Boeing in Seattle they used the same sim for 700/800 training. All they did was replace the left/right pack temp control with a zone control temp control instruments (and of course load 800 performance in the sim computer). Boeing made the overhead like the 700 for one reason HOPES OF SELLING IT TO SWA

If you think SWA would bring anyone on at DOH or a staple vs AAI you are smoking crack.

Bring on the -800's

My SWA bretheren have already forgotten that we've been flying -200's around the U.S. for 30 years, and there is VERY LITTLE in common between the -2 and the -7, except the brown and orange paint job!

Cheers

Latest resources

Back