AAI says all or nothing @MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys.....

I was just passing along some info that I got today about ATA 800's and MDW gates.

Don't shoot the messenger!

The only major change to the overhead is the airconditioning system due to the extra zone control. as stated earlier.

The PFD change is a simple software switch change, only takes minutes. I know about the PFD because one day after maintenance changed my PFD the display was how SWA uses it. Maintenace saw the error ran down to the E&E and within a minute or two the display reverted to the display I'm used to.

Thrust output is 24K,26K and 27K. We also have a few more options then SWA ordered but that's not an issue.

I would think that SWA could put the -800 on the line with a simple differences handout.

Don't forget the deactivated placards for the auto throttles, VNAV(not that it works anyway), ACARS and any other high tech gizmo.

Off the airlinenut.com Yahoo news link -

America West still considers bid for ATA

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:38 PM ET
CHICAGO, Nov 10 (Reuters) - America West Holdings Corp. (AWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Wednesday it is still considering whether to bid for part or all of bankrupt ATA Holdings Corp. (ATAHQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) , parent of low-cost carrier ATA Airlines.

A spokeswoman for Phoenix-based America West said the carrier would decide before the Nov. 23 deadline whether to submit bids for review to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Indianapolis.

"We have two weeks to make the decision," said Elise Eberwein, America West spokeswoman. "If we decide to make a proposal we have two weeks to get that firmed up, signed and to the court. We're certainly conducting due diligence and running analysis."

A story in Wednesday's Indianapolis Star newspaper said America West will make an offer for Indianapolis-based ATA within two weeks. Eberwein told Reuters that the newspaper story was not accurate.

ATA has been in bankruptcy since Oct. 26, hit by weak demand for its military charter flights, soaring fuel prices and weak fares resulting from stiff competition throughout the industry.

America West shares were down 3 percent at $5.46 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday afternoon.

The HOU CP was in the school house a week or two ago saying NO -800's. Our instructor even passed this along to the class. Then this week Gary Kelly says we are definitely looking at them. Plus my friend in the technology department is now writing software for crew scheduling to use to optimize schedules with 4 F/A's. IMHO the -800 is still on the table. Whether or not we reach a favorable deal with Boeing or ILFC for them remains to be seen.

Latest resources

Back