• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAA EMB190 Arbitration Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Section 6 baby! Time to start looking out for ourselves.

Carl S. said:
Everytime we have an AAA pilot in the jumpseat and they cry me a river, I let them finish their "woe is me story" and then ask them three questions:

1. Tell me about your PBGC pension and how much it is worth, we do not have a pension!

2. Tell me about the stock options you have and how much they are worth, we do not have any!

3. What did you do with the MONEY? During thr 1990's every F/O at AAA that had a few years on the property made more than any AWA captain did, so stop your F-ing crying and welcome to today's world.

Usually after that, conversations go to some neutral subject and the "woe is me" does not return.

Neutral because there is an a__hole in the cockpit.

Yes, welcome to todays world...where arrogant idiots poision cockpit atmospheres and screw up their own arbitrations. Too bad about that E190 award, huh? Go cry me a river little Carl. I'll bet you yell at ATC also, AWA captains must really look forward to flying with such a happy young guy like you. Boy, you really tell those AAA guys off, huh? I bet everybody is better off after you give them a piece of your little mind. Most captains apologizing
for you these days?

DOH for the East will keep you in the right seat for a while longer, maybe you will grow up a bit...on second thought, if you have been a punk your whole life anyway, nothing could change that. Poor guy Carl S, so intimidated
by something you have no real control over...welcome to todays world
hope you survive the next arbitration, emotionally.

Last edited:
Saabslime said:

Yeah, but it will only screw them for a short while. While we on the other hand are about to get screwed long term. Yeah, yeah I know all the retirements are coming. Factor in age 65 and another merger and that amounts to nothing. Don't forget that at some point we get to start sharing cockpits. Fun days ahead.

It's amazing to me that so many pilots are experts on not only the arbitration process, but also reading the arbitrator's mind. Where do you guys find the time to perfect all of this stuff?

Good grief it's enough for me to simply show up for work and study for my PC every six months, but ya know, with only an IQ of 93 and all, well, ya know, every day I don't bump my head is a good one.......

Saabslime said:

I think section 6 would make things worse. Phsychologically it might give you a lift for a little while as you think you are doing something, for a little while that is. Remember how long we got stroked the last time?

In my opinion, under section 6 we would get stroked forever while all the action, so to speak, goes on back east. I think we would be more isolated and stagnant than ever, and with even more infighting than ever.

Clearly, a little regrouping and strategerizing(thanks Dubya) is in order. What that may end up being I'm not really sure, but I don't think section 6 is it.

Last edited:
...not with this group it isn't. And what makes them think that if they do open up Section 6 negotiations that we wouldn't land up losing what little we gained (real or imagined) in our current working agreement. No thanks. Lets stay focused on getting a joint agreement we all can live with,and worry about extracting our pound of flesh from the Easties some other way.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
vetrider said:
I think section 6 would make things worse. Phsychologically it might give you a lift for a little while as you think you are doing something, for a little while that is. Remember how long we got stroked the last time?

In my opinion, under section 6 we would get stroked forever while all the action, so to speak, goes on back east. I think we would be more isolated and stagnant than ever, and with even more infighting than ever.

Clearly, a little regrouping and strategerizing(thanks Dubya) is in order. What that may end up being I'm not really sure, but I don't think section 6 is it.

Amen

If we would trust our so obviously accomplished Union to effectively open Section 6 and get our own... Yeah... great... I'd trust them to do that just on experience alone

AAA is taking AWA to the cleaners! vtwin nice personal attack, did the truth hurt too much? By the way, captains like to fly with me, I share my FARTS with them!:eek:

Last edited:
Carl S. said:
AAA is taking AWA to the cleaners! vtwin nice personal attack, did the truth hurt too much? By the way, captains like to fly with me, I share my FARTS with them!:eek:

You share your FARTS with them.....?

You also sent a nasty Private Message to me for calling you out and cowardly blocked my ability to respond. By the way, getting old happens to everyone
lucky enough to wake up every morning, that comment in your Private Message really rocked me back, let me know the therapist your seeing so I can go somewhere else after taking that shot. I will start coloring my hair now thanks to you.

At least the idiot character portrayed by Bill Murray you use as an avatar was a likeable moron. I don't believe you work for AWA flamer, I have met too many fine people over there, and they have a standard you could not meet
or fake.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back