AAA EMB190 Arbitration Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vtwin said:
You know what a seniority number is don't you S_itsall? Mine is real dusty, time to brush it off, for awhile even I thought it was totally worthless and moved on.....

I know this is how most of the furloughed guys felt about their career expectations with AAA prior to the merger (or buyout, as a lot of financial publications put it). It's nice to see some people admitting it.

vtwin said:
Hey S_itsall,

Sums up nothing just like your hollow stupid snide remarks. "sTOOL" nice, you really do have a preoccupation with all things concerning bowel movements like Carl S.

S_itsall, nobody saved my ass especially the west side of this cluster which was not even responsible for more than 1/3 of the profit last quarter. Neither did the East. Its all about timing and a myriad of other things that a working stiff like me has no control over except his manners. Like you, I am just labor in the cost side of this industry and like most guys who have been around have come to terms with it. Oh, yes, I have a number also. You know what a seniority number is don't you S_itsall? Mine is real dusty, time to brush it off, for awhile even I thought it was totally worthless and moved on, have not used it for a while, but I think its still good, might be worth more than some guys can stand to admit, and wow, says 1989 on it. Cool. More guys thinking of going back now than ever. Yes, seniority numbers, got to love em. Union Basic's 101. Furlough can suck for folks like you, cause another better candidate like me comes along and takes your job at the interview away, but recall, S_itsall,....itsallgood if you ever need it huh? What a surprise for us AAA guys! AAA making money and recalling. Love these legitamate career options. Guys thinking of leaving JB to come back, who would have thunk it.

Hey S_itsall? BOO! Got ya! Oh,...its just a seniority number, don't worry.

Guess what, S_itsall? More mergers coming and more job taking as you define it. Pain train is coming. Welcome to the incestuous US airline industry. Don't you wish we could all just fly SNJ's and be happy? I do.

For you its all about stealing someones job, and getting your pound from the East huh? Angry young man. Woe is you. I will bet your thoughtless conversations usually go like this: "Were really getting screwed here huh fellow AWA dude?" "Totally" "Lets blame the Eastie pilots, we are entitled" "Totally" "Lets fart now" Calling us Easties,.... now that is cute.

About stealing jobs by the way, did you go to work for some Aussie carrier back in the 80's if your low level of emotional maturity belies your real age? You remember that don't you S_itsall? Many others do. Union Basic's 102,
Industrial Actions.

first of all it is bull#$it what has happened to all the furloughed east guys, particularly someone like you hired in 1989. It is not fair that you have that kind of longevity are furloughed. I am just curious, if aaa had not become lcc then when the recall finally happened what would your longevity have gotten you? Would have been able jump ahead of hundreds or thousands pilots not on furlough? and if so would that not be a windfall?

You and your friends have suffered mightily for many years. You did not deserve any of this and i hope you are given the chance to get at least some of it back before it is to late.

However I worked for a growing relitively stable company before this merger. we had 1800 pilots with hiring of 300 a year predicted for several years(we were to recieve 22 airplanes 2006-2008, allready on order). Yes we do bring pilots to the list but we also bring 140 airplanes. so it all evens out in the wash.

Furloughed pilots should not go ahead of active pilots. You would not have gotten that had the merger not happened. you had no career expectations or quality of life and it would be a windfall.

P.S. guys like carl and itsallgood are just the 2%at any pilot group. You will find the vast majority of us great to fly with regardless of which seat either one us ends up in. I have heard the same about your group.

Wow,
vtwin is one angry laid-off dude/gal, I'll say that much. Going from my expectations at AAA are ZERO to I go in front of working pilots at another airline who are part of the reason you have that opportunity now. Sorry for not turning on the ability to respond to my IM, I have to work/fly so I do not have all day to play on the computer like you do. Be happy, AAA is 3 and 0 against AWA but NO! Cry Cry Cry!!! Nobody feels sorry for you, why didn't you get on at SWA of JB like other laid of guys/gals, oh, let me guess, the world is in debt to you attitude? By the way, I know you worked(past tense) at AAA, you complain with the best of them!

erjdude said:
Furloughed pilots should not go ahead of active pilots. You would not have gotten that had the merger not happened. you had no career expectations or quality of life and it would be a windfall.

That is not true. AAA has a massive retirement coming up. We're talking 300-400 per year for some time to come. For me personally, before the merger, if I go to the retirement calculator, I would retire at age 60 as a 767 Captain. There are a few furloughed pilots that would have retired number 1 on the seniority list. If I don't get my career expectation, and a AWA pilot get the 767 Captain slot, that my friend is a windfall. Nobody at AWA can say they had the expectation of any wide-body flying. Either we take care of this through the integration, or we build fences that keep the AWA pilots off the widewodys until all furloughed pilots that had that expectation has bid into that equipment...

well said

ALGFLYR said:
That is not true. AAA has a massive retirement coming up. We're talking 300-400 per year for some time to come. For me personally, before the merger, if I go to the retirement calculator, I would retire at age 60 as a 767 Captain. There are a few furloughed pilots that would have retired number 1 on the seniority list. If I don't get my career expectation, and a AWA pilot get the 767 Captain slot, that my friend is a windfall. Nobody at AWA can say they had the expectation of any wide-body flying. Either we take care of this through the integration, or we build fences that keep the AWA pilots off the widewodys until all furloughed pilots that had that expectation has bid into that equipment...

Not gonna happen. Sorry. I wish the best for everyone, but the furloughed pilots will be below all active pilots. We all need to stop arguing over something that is out of our control, senority, and start concentrating on a industry leading contract!

ALGFLYR said:

AWA had widebodys. Can you tell me we would not have had any in the future?

Your expectation before the merger was to maybe get recalled to the bottom of the list if the company servived. My expectations were much different as i was actually employed ...........for a growing and profitable airline.

P.S. AWA had retirements comming as well. do you really think the only pilots that age are AAA pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back