AAA EMB190 Arbitration Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
abefly said:
Not gonna happen. Sorry. I wish the best for everyone, but the furloughed pilots will be below all active pilots. We all need to stop arguing over something that is out of our control, senority, and start concentrating on a industry leading contract!

There is a lot of history of mergers between ALPA carriers. There are several that occurred in which one side had furloughed pilots and they were not just stapled to the bottom.

erjdude said:
AWA had widebodys. Can you tell me we would not have had any in the future?

Your expectation before the merger was to maybe get recalled to the bottom of the list if the company servived. My expectations were much different as i was actually employed ...........for a growing and profitable airline.

P.S. AWA had retirements comming as well. do you really think the only pilots that age are AAA pilots.

It doesnt matter what you "had". It's what you have going in...

You're right. I would have been recalled to the bottom of the list and then move up that list as retirements happened. At age 60 I would have held a 767 CA slot.

I have a retirement list from both carriers. Of course AWA has retirements coming up. But not even close to the numbers of AAA.

ALGFLYR said:
There is a lot of history of mergers between ALPA carriers. There are several that occurred in which one side had furloughed pilots and they were not just stapled to the bottom.

Could you please tell me which mergers these were. I would like to research them. Thanks.... Were these mergers after the alpa merger policy was changed?

Hey erjdude you wrote:

first of all it is bull#$it what has happened to all the furloughed east guys, particularly someone like you hired in 1989. It is not fair that you have that kind of longevity are furloughed. I am just curious, if aaa had not become lcc then when the recall finally happened what would your longevity have gotten you? Would have been able jump ahead of hundreds or thousands pilots not on furlough? and if so would that not be a windfall? If, if if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
Deal in present day reality and what is known.

You and your friends have suffered mightily for many years. You did not deserve any of this and i hope you are given the chance to get at least some of it back before it is to late. Thanks, that is why I want credit for all AAA retirements
applied against the AAA furloughed exclusively. But people in Hell want ice water and an arbitrator will probably decide.

However I worked for a growing relitively stable company Doug P. might disagree on your stability and longevity before this merger. we had 1800 pilots with hiring of 300 a year predicted for several years(we were to recieve 22 airplanes 2006-2008, allready on order). and I was going to be a CA in 5 years once, so what? Yes we do bring pilots to the list but we also bring 140 airplanes. so it all evens out in the wash.

Furloughed pilots should not go ahead of active pilots. But they might and they might not. Remember we will be dealing with an arbitrator not wishful thinking. You would not have gotten that had the merger not happened. But the merger did happen didn't it? you had no career expectations or quality of life Apparently I did all along and even I did not realize it until recently. and it would be a windfall. And I will take this so called windfall as you selfishly define it just like you or anybody else. I have something even better that has not changed unlike "career expectations," a seniority number, and recall rights. Unless our AAA MEC trades it for Fruit Rollups in the crewmeals or something equally worthless which would not surprise me.
So you have that to your advantage in this.

P.S. guys like carl and itsallgood are just the 2%at any pilot group. You will find the vast majority of us great to fly with regardless of which seat either one us ends up in. I have heard the same about your group. I am sure there are plenty of great guys there like yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will not resign in protest if I get stapled, and I won't refuse recall if we received straight DOH and neither would anybody else. I think you got a windfall in this E190 arbitration and you think you got screwed and the beat goes on.

Do I think my DOH should somehow be weakened, no way. Do I think an AWA
guy should hit the street upon my return, of course not. But when the next downturn happens, guess what, if it goes my way your out, I am in. It has happened here at AAA when we did the Shuttle integration and we have the same arbitrator George N. potentionally sorting through this merger integration. I respect you wanting the best deal for yourself and of course I do to. We will find out what happens next spring. Nice problem for us both to have huh? An airline to work for? For now anyway, lets hope it keeps going strong.

Cheers

Last edited:
abefly said:
Could you please tell me which mergers these were. I would like to research them. Thanks.... Were these mergers after the alpa merger policy was changed?

Mississippi Valley Airlines merged with Air Wisconsin in 1985. The furloughed AW guys were integrated into the list as if they were active.

For a more closely related merger, take a look at Pan Am/National. Furloughees got credit for longevity.

There may be other's, but these are the only 2 I could find.

ALGFLYR said:
Mississippi Valley Airlines merged with Air Wisconsin in 1985. The furloughed AW guys were integrated into the list as if they were active.

For a more closely related merger, take a look at Pan Am/National. Furloughees got credit for longevity.

There may be other's, but these are the only 2 I could find.

Good work ALGFLYR you belong on the AAA Merger Committee.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back