• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the APA was working with uSAPa on these proposals, why would they need to modify them?

As I recall, the MOU (the merger MOU that became effective 9 Dec 13)... That MOU was negotiated primarily by APA and Parker, but it was passed to USAPA in order to approve it first...

If I remember correctly, USAPA had to have membership ratification before any other party voted to approve the MOU... Hmmmm.

For sure AMR did not approve it till after USAPA.

You know what? you win... :)

Based on your screenname, I'm sure you trust the APA 100%.

So I will not post again on this until the APA puts something out and we get another view on what is really going on... Good luck...

Well, the APA put something out. It looks like they have rejected your unions proposals. LOL

Late Friday, May 2, 2014, the APA and the Carriers filed motions to compel arbitration and stay litigation in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. Both motions seek (1) to compel USAPA to arbitrate MTA Dispute # 5, pursuant to Paragraph 20 of the MOU, and (2) to stay the litigation, including discovery, until an arbitrator has ruled on MTA Dispute No. 5. The APA specifically asks the court to schedule oral argument on their motion.
All documents linked below are posted in the Legal Library>McCaskill-Bond Injunction Action.
USAPA Communications

To the extent APA multiplies their hostility toward USAPA, they magnify both the prescience and the necessity of MB.

It's like pulling Gs in a spiral dive.. Pull harder and the spiral will get tighter.

To the extent APA multiplies their hostility toward USAPA, they magnify both the prescience and the necessity of MB.

It's like pulling Gs in a spiral dive.. Pull harder and the spiral will get tighter.

The APA's hostility toward uSAPa?.....that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

If uSAPa would just honor its agreements, we would not be in this predicament.

The APA's hostility toward uSAPa?.....that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

If uSAPa would just honor its agreements, we would not be in this predicament.

If the APA had no hostility toward the federal statute that they helped spawn they wouldn't be asking a federal judge to repudiate his authority to decide its applicability, and instead to compel an arbitrator to decide the issue that properly belongs exclusively to the court.

It sounds like the "hostility" is only in the eyes of a portion of USAPA. I guess they don't understand the limitations of being in the minority.

And yet that same portion continues to fund a failed strategy. No wonder APA (and every other stakeholder) doesn't take them seriously.

It sounds like the "hostility" is only in the eyes of a portion of USAPA. I guess they don't understand the limitations of being in the minority.

And yet that same portion continues to fund a failed strategy. No wonder APA (and every other stakeholder) doesn't take them seriously.

If you mean to imply the APA and other stakeholders are advocates of Federal Statutes, then why are they requesting a Federal Judge to abdicate his own exclusive authority to apply MB, to whatever extent is appropriate, and to instead compel an arbitrator to carry that burden?

And if the strategy is so failed, why are you guys selling $20 ties for $675? :D

Why has USAPA not returned $1 in value for dues since it's ill-conceived inception? All your money came from ALPA and APA.

Are your ersatz leaders still advocating "no plan-B" strategy? I guess oversight never caught on out east.

Latest resources

Back