Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to Lay Off 2,500 Pilots...... Ouch!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who to blame?

V70T5

Why blame other pilots for what has happened. Why don't you blame the narrow minded terrorists that commiteted the atrocity on 9-11.

You should also be thank-ful we have a President that has the guts to really go out and fight terrorism and take down those responsible.

I pray everyday and give thanks to God for President Bush and his beliefs and his fortitude. I also pray for our Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen fighting the good fight. I also am very thankfull I wasn't buried in the bubble of the WTC towers.

What if Terrorists targeted Outback Steak houses and started to make suicied attacks on them only, would Outback employees blame McDonalds employee for thier problems, just because McD hambergers are cheap?

Think about what you are saying. SWA and JB pilots are not Terrorists that wanted our economy to collapse.

awaitingswa said:
What the heck is a "walmart minded pear" anyway? Some kind of new-fangled piece of fruit.

it was a typo.. I meant peer...

Anyway, this is about more than 9/11 and terrorism... while that is a slice of the pie, the biggest factor is the economy, and the fact that some airlines are making money (the walmarts) while others are laying off pilots (fill in your favorite major) is as much to blame for pilots that will accept low wages as it is the fault of terrorists and greedy managers.

I'm getting sick of rewriting the same thing over and over..... just go back and read my last 100 posts.

V70T5

You're exactly right V70T5, you do same the same thing over 100 posts and while it is "your opinion", the truth to what has driven the economics of the airlines to their current condition is much more complicated than merely chanting your matra over & over. If it makes you feel better go ahead & continue the matra...won't make it anymore true but I'm all for helping your therapy.

What can I say? I'm a dick because I worry about the road our profession is on, one paved by SWA and our friend above who prides himself on being part of the pilot group that contributed to the demise of this great profession.

I guess, we can now rename this forum, from majors to minors....

Soon Jet Blue and other Walmart upstarts will put pressure on SWA, and SWA will go the way of American, Delta and UAL..... they'll be the big fat high cost airline, and the others with they're non-union work force will be more "productive" and we'll be pointing the fingures at those gready SWA captains that make (oh!) $170,000/ year... how dare they? Flying is such an easy job.... they should be happy with half that!

Last edited:
I felt bad about that so I deleted it... but then I guess others must have felt bad about other comments as they too are missing....

Sorry. I guess I just don't expect these types of attitudes from pilots.

Oh I get it, VT70T5, you caught me, April fools, this has been a good one. It's over though.:p

You guys are making look like a bigger idiot that even you may think I am with all these posts that keep changing (For which I take some of the blame).

:eek:

All I am trying to say is that the economy and the war are out of our control, but to use those as an excuse to give away 50+ years of contract improvements and improvements to our pay and schedules all under the guise of a "new model" is a bunch of BS! This is no different than any other economic slow down (ok, it's deeper and longer), but they are all followed by a recovery.... then you'll see the airlines make billions of dollars and they will not share a drop of it with they us... we'll have to fight for every improvement. Mark my words.

I have to say that I am sure that this is all going to severly weaken the unions like ALPA and APA and they may infact never recover.

Sad.

Latest resources

Back