• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to furlough 178 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad,how we go from furloughing 178 more to infighting between mainline and the regional.
Anyone thinking that someone else is getting a wind-fall is highly mistaken.

You are 100% wrong!! There is a group that is getting a windfall, and will always get a windfall in this industry, even in bankruptcy, and in some cases, ESPECIALLY in bankruptcy. And those people are the scum sucking, sh*t eating, immoral, neanderthals in the upper management and executive offices. They never lose. Even when they run one company in the ground and rape and pillage their labor forces, they will always have another job waiting for them at some other corporation. They are like cow sh*t in a pasture!

My point was answering the Eaglet who wanted us to cry him a river on how the poor Eagle Captains felt getting pushed back with the flowbacks from AA, and I was commenting that their jobs were there because of the AA in the first place.

Also, the main reason the "RJ" proliferates is because it could be operated at "regional" wages. If it paid close to mainline wages, they would start parking them.

Excuse me? You certainly can't be referring to me are you? So, tell me how refusing to fly the RJ's when they showed up in the 90's and giving away scope like it were water is working out for all these mainline guys these days. You reap what you sow!

1. How can some people here work for a business and industry they loathe so much?

2. There are no guarantees and more power to guys working past 60. We will all have the same opportunity. How selfish is it to put yourself above someone else just because they're older? We're all equal, right?

1. How can some people here work for a business and industry they loathe so much?

2. There are no guarantees and more power to guys working past 60. We will all have the same opportunity. How selfish is it to put yourself above someone else just because they're older? We're all equal, right?

Maybe because these guys didn't have to sit in the right seat for 5 years longer or get stuck at the scumbag regionals for 5 years longer like people today have to. Now, we will have to work an extra 5 years to have the same amount of time in the left seat. Some of us wanted to retire at 60 but because of the stagnation this has caused some of us will have to work longer to compensate.

Maybe because these guys didn't have to sit in the right seat for 5 years longer or get stuck at the scumbag regionals for 5 years longer like people today have to. Now, we will have to work an extra 5 years to have the same amount of time in the left seat. Some of us wanted to retire at 60 but because of the stagnation this has caused some of us will have to work longer to compensate.

Grass is always greener.........At UAL most of the almost, or already 60 pilots were new hires back in the 78 79 time frame. They were rewarded with furloughs and then a decade sitting as engineers as the industry was stagnent. Isn't it a shame this forum was not available then, think of all the moaning and groaning we missed. Now they are the "greedy" ones because they won't retire when we think they should. Get over it. I really don't hold grudges against them. A lot of these people are ex Pan AM, Eastern, TWA who's careers were turned upside down right as they were getting ready to move up at there carriers. We need to all stop bitching and thinking I got it worse than the next guy. In every industry there will be those that timed it right and those that didn't. Those that chose (or got hired) at the right company and those that didn't. Do yourself a favor and get over it.

Or five extra years furloughed.

All they are is craven, greedy old men.

Like I say, at least they are proud thieves. I won't be wishing them a happy retirement when they walk off the property - I will be flipping them off.

They are barely better than a four letter word that rhymes with "grab".

Grass is always greener.........At UAL most of the almost, or already 60 pilots were new hires back in the 78 79 time frame. They were rewarded with furloughs and then a decade sitting as engineers as the industry was stagnent.

Oh, you mean like the folks who got hired back in 2000 and 2001? You're preaching to the choir. At least those folks back in the late 70's early 80's were paid a good wage sitting sideways. So they can cry me a river. These days the ability to earn a livable wage is dependent upon seniority movement which hasn't happened in nearly 10 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back