• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
??

Hey Mamma,
How about reading up on this, instead:

INFER is what the receiver of the message does (that's you!). The sender of the message IMPLIES. Ugh.

I'm all for the CRM stuff, however how much is too much. I'll take all I can get from jumpseaters, military bubbas... or just about anyone that has a commercial ticket, but think I'll pass on the guy working on his private license seated in 24D. I wouldn't discourage it or demean anyone who spoke up, but I don't think I would be asking the FA's to go back and see if that guy who brought his Garmin 296 thinks we should climb to FL370.

I'm a freight pilot, so this is all new to me. How often do you guys really have someone from the back come up and critique your flying? Anyone ask why you're not doing a run-up in your MD-80?

For all those calling this guy names for speaking up you really should rethink your position. There have been several accidents that could have been prevented had a passenger spoke up about the configuration or status of the aircraft. There have been questions of ice on the wing or the United 747 out of Hawaii that had structural damage that might have been prevented had the passenger who had the questions spoke up. But they sat there out of fear or embarassment and did not say anything. I would rather have my ego bruised than a cracked up airplane. I can't imagine living with myself if speaking up would have prevented a loss of life.

I remember the UA 747 accident in HNL back in 89 I think it was. But how would a pax have helped in this case? Did someone see something? IIRC a baggage door gave way and peeled a huge section off the side along with it as the a/c climbed thru 230.

There was a passenger getting on the Aloha 737 that had the roof ripped off. After the accident, she told investigators that she saw a crack in the skin by the door. Turned out to be where the convertible top started.

This whole website is so full of anger. We should all start, like, a pilot's fight club in some basement. Anyone know of a dank hole around IAD or YIP where we can all slug it out?

First rule of Fight Club--

NEVER talk about Fight Club.

(If you have to ask, you aren't a member)

Last edited:
I'm a freight pilot, so this is all new to me. How often do you guys really have someone from the back come up and critique your flying? Anyone ask why you're not doing a run-up in your MD-80?

All the time. Why didn't we fly a "straight-in" approach? (Busy Class B) Where's the carb heat? (PT6) Where's the mixture? (PT6) I didn't hear you do a mag check. (PW118) That was a textbook crosswind landing! (00000Kt). Are you sober? Are we going to deice? (+SN) It never stops.

Someone needs to nueter The Guat with a 16lb sledge!!!!

Latest resources

Back