• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA takes off without flaps!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can think of a few accidents that needed a private pilot in back to query the flight crew about using flaps or not. It's called CRM. Better to be safe than sorry.

Unless you know the procedures for a specific aircraft, I say that private pilot needed to shut his man-pleaser. It would be different if that were a typed Airbus pilot sitting back there, who saw an obvious safety of flight issue that was going against the tech order...

For the rocket scientists calling this guy names--

Have you ever heard of accidents caused by lack of flaps?

If not, read up.

Unless you know the procedures for a specific aircraft, I say that private pilot needed to shut his man-pleaser. It would be different if that were a typed Airbus pilot sitting back there, who saw an obvious safety of flight issue that was going against the tech order...

Some Fighter guys, like you, are a CRM nightmare. I wish your crew good luck.

Last edited:
For all those calling this guy names for speaking up you really should rethink your position. There have been several accidents that could have been prevented had a passenger spoke up about the configuration or status of the aircraft. There have been questions of ice on the wing or the United 747 out of Hawaii that had structural damage that might have been prevented had the passenger who had the questions spoke up. But they sat there out of fear or embarassment and did not say anything. I would rather have my ego bruised than a cracked up airplane. I can't imagine living with myself if speaking up would have prevented a loss of life.

"man-pleaser"

LMMFAO!!:laugh:

This whole website is so full of anger. We should all start, like, a pilot's fight club in some basement. Anyone know of a dank hole around IAD or YIP where we can all slug it out?

Afterwards I'll buy everyone pickled eggs and booze.

Latest resources

Back