• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Super 80 vs LUV...Double standard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not everyone wants to work for SWA. To point out a perceived favoritism is simply an opinion. You don't even work for SWA yet, you continually race to protect them from anything you feel might hurt their feelings. What's your story?

I never will work for SWA or any other airline. I always stand up for the under dog. Right now SWA is the under dog because they are bashing them over this little problem. Does any body really think they should be grounded? Just think if the FAA grounded all aircraft that had a minor problem. So, my story is I will defend you if they start bashing you.

Here is another one that either did not get hired or cannot get an interview. Instead of bashing SWA why don't you sit down and go over your resume. Really go over it and see where you can improve yourself. You will be suprised what you can do.

Dude

Some people don't want to spend 6 or 8 G to BUY their job and then get based in KBWI !

When you going to figure that out??

Dude

Some people don't want to spend 6 or 8 G to BUY their job and then get based in KBWI !

When you going to figure that out??

You make ZERO sense....most people (excluding mil people for their Comm.) paid $$ for their Commercial and ATP and all the other stuff associated with being allowed to fly an airplane. Every airline requires you to have an ATP or Comm. license...right? SO you had to PAY for that training to be eligible for the job....SWA just adds 1 more thing you need to have to be eligible....either way you still paid for your training whether you are at Netjets or SWA.....am I missing something?

You make ZERO sense....most people (excluding mil people for their Comm.) paid $$ for their Commercial and ATP and all the other stuff associated with being allowed to fly an airplane. Every airline requires you to have an ATP or Comm. license...right? SO you had to PAY for that training to be eligible for the job....SWA just adds 1 more thing you need to have to be eligible....either way you still paid for your training whether you are at Netjets or SWA.....am I missing something?

Wrong

Everyone has to have private, instrument, commercial and ATP ratings. Those are basics required for this job.

No one just goes out and buys a 737 Type rating. The only reason you are buying it is for a job with SWA. I can't think of any other reason to buy this. Others companies pay for your type (The way it should be).

Thank you very much!

You still make no sense.... I will say that at other airlines your 1st year pay is so low that you are "paying" for your training with the company pay you less the 1st year....SWA on the other had has a very good 1st year rate...so pick your battle pay 6K upfront or pay it over 1 year at a low wage at another airline.

SWA - $52
AirTran - $43
Alaska - $46
CO - $31
DAL - $52
UA - $33
Jetblue - $40

taken from airline pilot central

You still make no sense.... I will say that at other airlines your 1st year pay is so low that you are "paying" for your training with the company pay you less the 1st year....SWA on the other had has a very good 1st year rate...so pick your battle pay 6K upfront or pay it over 1 year at a low wage at another airline.

SWA - $52
AirTran - $43
Alaska - $46
CO - $31
DAL - $52
UA - $33
Jetblue - $40

taken from airline pilot central

Well spoken for someone that had the taxpayer pay his way and probably got hired at SWA with 1500 hours!!

Last edited:
Everybody that is rejected by an airline will bash that airline. Instead of bashing the airline everytime something negative pops up in the news whether it is UA, SWA, or Delta just look in the mirror and see what you can do to improve yourself. Put your energy toward that instead of bashing. It really makes you look like a jerk when you go after the airline. No body is perfect there is always room for improvement.

Not everyone, but I do agree, most times those that do make themselves look a little foolish. I see your point. But then again, the couldn't pass the interview line looks a little the same in that regard, only perhaps more pompous than foolish.

Southwest is a fine airline, but I have never filled out an application. I don't see any big deal about the 737 type issue.

Latest resources

Back