• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Super 80 vs LUV...Double standard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats a lot of waisted money for 80% of the people who don't make the cut.

We all have choices. Those who didn't make the cut made a choice...as did those who did make the cut.

For some...that choice worked out....for others, it didn't.....thats how it goes sometimes.

Last edited:
Back to the subject...

How does the "non-grounding" of the A330 by Delta and USair fit into your argument that SWA gets prefered treatment some how?

Those carriers have roughly the same time frame to change out their pitot tubes.

I don't see the double standard. Sorry.

So,
1) we all agree that there IS a double standard.
2) You can only love SWA if you work there or if you want to work there and have not been dinged?

Well I got dinged once and I had my app in for 4 years before I got my first interview. I kept my stuff updated and bingo got a 2nd interview an got the job....so cry me a river. Keep trying and if it is meant to be it will happen...maybe "you" (not meant directly to helavapilot) but everyone just do not fit what the company is looking for...that is life....Everyone here (at SWA) exibits some similar caracteristics in personality...sure some slip though (some would say me) and you sure can notice them....but most have fairly close personality traits....maybe they like that and that is their baseline in an interivew..... they seem to produce the same people who get the job....

Personally, I wouldn't walk across the concourse to fly a B737 after flying the MD80.

The 80 is so sleek and streamlined, while the 737 taxi's out wobbling from side to side with that stupid trim wheel rubbing your knees. Manual reversion isn't complicated on the MD80. The 737 is barely maneuverable and almost non air-worthy when there's a hydraulic problem.

The MD80 is symbolically phallic, and is a work of art on takeoff when silouetted against an evening sky.

The 737...well...there's just too much FLUF.

The B727 however,....

Now here is someone I can relate to. Totally agree. Having flown almost every version of the fluf, and having flown the B717, I'd take the 717 anyday(except my company pays a lot better to fly the 737-800/900 than any 717 job out there). The MD-80 would be my choice over any 737 model if my airline still had them around. I'd even take the hot Summer cockpit over the 737. Quiet workplace, more elbow room, better looking aircraft, and more confidence in the Douglass than the Boeing(737) when the crap hits the fan.

IAHERJ

Latest resources

Back