AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Herk-
I agree, moving on from aa is certainly advisable. Sounds like you have, and I know I have. Life was tough in the short term, but the furlough turned into a blessing pretty quick. It allowed me to undertake a new business venture which has improved my quality of life and income by a factor of 5 (pre paycuts).

That beings said, I don't confuse moving on with accountability. Moussaoui is on trial today, should the USA just "move on" by setting him free, or should we see that justice is done.
Even though aa holds no allure for me and I can't at this time picture myself as part of that company, I think it would be a diservice to all my good friends at TWA who are still struggling to simply let the aa pilot group off the hook.

AA73- good discussion. Sounds like you might not march in step with the general sentiment at aa. From what I've seen of that lot, that's a healthy practice.

I agree, it's a good discussion.

I also think that persuing "justice" against the AA pilot group, however, is a little short sighted. And the comparison with Moussaoui is a little extreme, I think - he will be found guilty of helping plot the murder of thousands of people. I know that your point is, let justice be served... and in his case, it must. But in this case, I believe that if the TWA pilots want to seek justice, it should be towards the group of "leaders" that set it up, and not towards the individual pilots who had no say in it. In much the same way that the TWA rank and file had no say in how the OZ integration went down. It is all conducted at the union leadership level - and that is who should bear the brunt of "accountability."

When does the TWA F/A callback expire? Is it possible there are no pilot recalls because in order for them to expand they would need more FAs? Not wanting to bring back the TWA FAs and having to pay top of payscale to them sounds like the AMR way to do things.

2008. They got the biggest shaft job of all.

Not sure if there is a correlation between pilot recalls and F/A recalls. I do know that AA cannot expand because of short staffing. However I believe we will see pilot recalls well before F/A recalls.

I heard parking the jets mostly because of the mil guys taking leave. The leave(while keeping sen) for these guys is easier than sticking around and sitting res in Q gardens and places like that. Rumor is less mil pilots hired by all carriers in the future. Gone too often and usually require more training to fly in this enviroment. That is what the management is saying. Don't go guns on the messenger.

TomBodet said:
I heard parking the jets mostly because of the mil guys taking leave. The leave(while keeping sen) for these guys is easier than sticking around and sitting res in Q gardens and places like that. Rumor is less mil pilots hired by all carriers in the future. Gone too often and usually require more training to fly in this enviroment. That is what the management is saying. Don't go guns on the messenger.

Where did this come from?

If it is true, maybe it should be a shot across AMR's bow that their pay, benefits and quality of life are not competitive, and those with an option are voting with their feet. Of course, AMR is would be making the situation worse by parking jets and refusing to recall.

This month's seniority list showed 21 unplanned resignations...they can't blame that on MIL Leave.

Guys, it has been almost 5 years since the integration was signed and put into place. Get over it! The people who post here (both AA and TWA) absolutely had nothing to do with it!

Bitching and complaining about the whole AA/TWA mess is not going to change anything and is only going to make you more and more bitter.

Personally getting furloughed from American Airlines was the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't think so 2 years ago but I do know it now.

Hey Dangerdick,

What was best for you is of no care to anybody here. You were able to milk a few extra years out of AA because of the buyout which left you furloughed when the job market had picked up considerably.

mrvmo said:
Hey Dangerdick,

What was best for you is of no care to anybody here. You were able to milk a few extra years out of AA because of the buyout which left you furloughed when the job market had picked up considerably.

See what I mean folks. Mrvmo has let the whole AA/TWA integration turn him into a miserable, bitter, unhappy person.

FYI MrVmo I have a great job now and will never go back to AA. If your future includes going back to AA then great but I have no use for that airline anymore.

And by the way I didn't "milk anything". I was a line pilot at AA until I was furloughed in seniority order. I am sorry that you hit the street a few years before I did but I had nothing to do with you furlough nor your sorry life.

DangerDumbF*%k,

Yes you are correct...............excuse me so I can end it all by jumping off my roof.:bawling:

PS Your milking another few years had everything to do with us. You would have been gone within months without us below you. Also we still don't care about your plans.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back