• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps APA should have integrated Eagle when they had the chance back in Sept, 2002. John Darrah said it was a priority back then. Then AE and TWA would have shared the brunt of the furlough and AA guys would by ATR FOs in SJU!

mrvmo said:
DangerDumbF*%k,

Yes you are correct...............excuse me so I can end it all by jumping off my roof.:bawling:

PS Your milking another few years had everything to do with us. You would have been gone within months without us below you. Also we still don't care about your plans.
I guess when you can't talk intelligently or have something worth of value to say you just sling insults and nothing more. I guess you are still upset after I made you look like a fool time and time again on the old Calforums board.

Had AA not bought TWA I might have been furloughed however I might not have. To say that TWA was an albatross around AMR's neck after 9/11 was/is an understatement. The buyout should have been cancelled then but Don Carty was too stubborn to listen to reason.

It is all a moot point now. I am very happy the way things have turned out and as I have stated before the furlough was the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I am sorry to see that you are still very bitter and can't get over the hatred of people like me and the other Native AA'ers. Especially over something we had no control over.

Tell me MrVmo should I have been furloughed prior to you? What would you have liked to see happen so that your feelings wouldn't have gotten hurt and made you into a miserable pathetic little man?

Last edited:
Tom Bodet--Interesting thought about hiring fewer mil pilots. The ANG/Reserve component of the "total force" (yeah, I know it's soooo 80's ) was designed to fight the Soviets. Running guard units to the desert three or four times a year is draining. Doing it with no end in sight will damage a lot of families and businesses.

Eagle-ista--The concept of "One-list" became roadkill once it was presented to the Eagle MEC. I thought something could have been worked out. Oh well. But that was the same MEC that assured its members that not one flowback would see a new CRJ. That was right after they turned down a deal offered by ther APA BOD to limit the number of flowbacks to 125. Oops!

I'm personally very sorry to see Eagle pilot's careers stunted like they have been due to the flowbacks.

mrvmo--I hope you didn't actually believe what Arthur and Headcase were telling you during the integration? You want to stir up $h!t, go to C&R. TC

AArogance

I thought BAAck when Eagle first bought by AMR the Eagles were in APA. APA didn't want one list. Seems like to me if they hadn't been so AArogant they would have mAAde one list when it was all Metro's. I guess you reAAp whAAt you sow. To "smAArt" for their own good.There aren't that many flow backs. Only a few hundered. A lot less than on the street..

CSY Mon said:
Wrong on all counts. Check facts before posting,
Wrong? AMR bought its first Eagle back in 1986 or 1987 from Air Midwest. Second Eagle not long after. That one was Air Virginia. Combined them into Nashville Eagle. Bought Command Airways in 1991. Changed the name to Flagship airlines. There was a total of a little over 100 pilots in 1988 when I was hire. I still have the stupid APA pin. Rich Lavoy(AP Pres) and Brian Mayhew(VP, I think) screwed the Nashville Pilots by signing a contract when Eagle APA pilots had a strike vote.
You prove it different!
So, CHECK your "FACTS"!!!

Last edited:
As long as I have been around, Eagle has been ALPA...Fact.
APA has been for a joint seniority list for quite a while...Fact.

Don't know about what happened back in 1986, or 1956 for that matter.

How old are you? 15?

CSY Mon said:
As long as I have been around, Eagle has been ALPA...Fact.
APA has been for a joint seniority list for quite a while...Fact.
That is not anybodys fault you are only 16. If you are an AA pilot ask some of your buddies about Eagle being in APA. HINT: They have to older than you..<--- Never mind, I see you are a "Freight Dog Extraordiaire". So, WTF do you know about Eagle, some place I worked for over 19 years!!
FACT: Nashville Eagle was in APA! I paid my 2% dues!
FACT: Flagship Airlines was in APA! Again, I paid my 2% dues!
FACT: Eagle wanted AA to merge the two lists back in the late 80's!
FACT: APA didn't want Eagle on the senioirty their list!
FACT: Today, thanks in part to APA, Eagle is growing because APA didn't want to have an Eagle pilot on their list!
That was the best thing that could happen for Eagle! If it were "one" list today, APA would have a lot more control of the "smaller" jet flying! But APA is wAAyyy too smart for that!!
End of FACTS!!!
Sorry to spank you, but you needed it! Besides, that hurt me more than it hurt you!

Last edited:
Draginass,

I don't remember champange corks popping in the TWA crew room. Were you in the crew room? Most of us wern't too happy, just like most of you.

I agree with the stop whining, on both sides. I'm just happy I've got an option about having to go back to AA.

CLAMBAKE

Why would you want to go back to AA? Depending on when you were furloughed by AA, you could very well be a captain at CAL before being recalled. I have been out for four years now and I figure that it will be at least another six years before they guys in my seniority range are recalled.

Latest resources

Back