• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard end of year for all the furloughs, then the 240 eagle guys by April and new hires(maybe it was interviews) by May(or somewhere around then). If they are going to take 240 eagle guys by April that means possibly 300-400 new hires for the rest of the year if they kept that pace.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, these 240 eagle guys still have to decide whether to stay or go. We had a guy on the JS last week that was in this group and this is what he said. He has a number, but still hasnt decided to stay or go.

Correction, once they hit the bottom of the list, that is when the 3year clock starts. In the meantime, they may start new-hire classes. At the end of the 3 year clock, then they start at the bottom of the list and work up, providing they are still in a hiring/recall mode. That is when the deferees must either return or be removed from the list.

X

Once they hit the last guy, a three year clock starts. Must go back within that time or you are done. I believe new hires and Eagle flow-throughs (1 for 1) after that.

I believe that the pilot must simply undefer before expiration of the 3 year "clock", vs. actually being back on property. If the latter were true, theoretically a pilot could commit to come back after only 2 years, but not actually make it back on property before expiration of the 3 year clock if hiring slowed or stopped, thereby resulting in his/her termination.

I expect to be recalled within a couple of months. I can't stomach the thought of holidays away from my family for a 35% paycut, at least for the moment. We'll see how badly those in our capital want to drive corporate aviation into the ground. You know...the bigwigs jetting off into the sunset and all.

Edit...XTW just beat me to it.

Last edited:
I believe that the pilot must simply undefer before expiration of the 3 year "clock", vs. actually being back on property. If the latter were true, theoretically a pilot could commit to come back after only 2 years, but not actually make it back on property before expiration of the 3 year clock if hiring slowed or stopped, thereby resulting in his/her termination.

You're right. From the Alliedpilots.org furlough section:

- when the last pilot seniority #10807 is offered recall, the 3 year clock starts for those still deferring recall.
- after this group of pilots will come the remaining 151 AE flow-through pilots who were added to the AA seniority list by the Larocco arbitration.
- this group of AE pilots cannot defer, they come when offered or lose their AA seniority number.
- throughout the recall process, any deferred pilot may cancel their deferral and return to AA in seniority order.
- new hires will be next.
- after the 3year clock runs out, deferred pilots will be recalled in reverse seniority order (most junior first).
- deferred pilots may not defer longer when called this time. They must except or resign their seniority number.

You're right. From the Alliedpilots.org furlough section:

- when the last pilot seniority #10807 is offered recall, the 3 year clock starts for those still deferring recall.
- after this group of pilots will come the remaining 151 AE flow-through pilots who were added to the AA seniority list by the Larocco arbitration.
- this group of AE pilots cannot defer, they come when offered or lose their AA seniority number.
- throughout the recall process, any deferred pilot may cancel their deferral and return to AA in seniority order.
- new hires will be next.
- after the 3year clock runs out, deferred pilots will be recalled in reverse seniority order (most junior first).
- deferred pilots may not defer longer when called this time. They must except or resign their seniority number.

Thanks. Good information, and plainly stated so that even I can understand it.

I'm guessing that many who deferred are holding out for ratification of a contract. If said contract includes some sort of LOS for those furloughed (like 1 year for each 2 on furlough), and the pay rates increase to pre-concession, factored for inflation, then I would expect to see the undeferrals occur in pretty significant numbers. I'm holding out for paid weekends and holidays off. :)

Are you going to go?? I think I would.
I'm going to wait to see which job looks crappier. Right now AA is worse because I make more money here and have an easy commute to Phx. If I took recall I'd have fewer days off and have to commute to Mia or lga. No thanks, I have plenty of time to see what happens.

Don't expect that before all furloughs are back on property. That's the way it's gone down in the past.

My buddies there seem to be optimistic that a contract will be ratified before year's end. Of course these are the same guys that told me I'd be furloughed for only 2-3 years, so you're probably right.

Latest resources

Back