• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering if a mid level American 737 or 757 capt or fo would be willing to post what a typical monthly schedule at American would be like?
Thanks

I'm about 77% on JFK/FO/767/Int'l, around 215 out of 285 F/Os. Bottom lineholder, so I tend to get crappy lines. However, for the past couple months, the "crappy" lines weren't so bad: in May I got a Zurich line, June was Barcelona, and this month is Rio. I don't like the Deep South stuff (Rio) so I traded it all away. Now it looks like this:

7/9 BCN
7/14 CDG
7/19 MAN
7/24 FCO
7/29 BCN

works out to about 78hrs. It's 3 on 2 off because I needed to be off for the beginning of July. So the rest is compressed. Most Europe lines in JFK are 3 on 4 off. There is a lot of Caribbean flying - 2, 3 and 4 day trips. Also a lot of Caribbean turns (day trips.)

May I ask why you don't like the deep south trips? Just curious if it had anything to do with the flying? or not your favorite overnight?

Thanks

May I ask why you don't like the deep south trips? Just curious if it had anything to do with the flying? or not your favorite overnight?

Thanks

Double red-eyes. I've not done one but when you pull into MIA at 11 pm and your connecting pax are heading off to BA or Sao Paulo for an 8-10 hour flight only to return a day or two later on ANOTHER red-eye, not my idea of fun.

MIA-CDG would work for me if I could hold it.

Domestic lines can be two on/two off or three 4 day trips that may or may not be commutable. Monthly values can be from 64 to 78 or so. Trading is VERY difficult now. They are short so what do they do? They restrict trading and wonder why sick usage is through the roof.

Some people are just stupid and cannot be fixed.

TC

Thanks

aa73,

I wondered the same thing. I'm trying to expand my bank of knowledge should I eventually accept a recall. What is a typical month schedule of flying the SA trips like?

Thanks

can they begin to hire off the street before all of the defers get their final chance? Any guestimates as to how long before the on-line app goes up?

They will start hiring off the street before the deferred pilots HAVE to come back. The end of the recalls starts a 3 year clock on the guys who deferred. If AA continues hiring for three years and one day, that person will have to make a decision. (Are you listening XTW? ;) )

I believe they start from the bottom of the list and go up when forcing deferrees (word?) to make a decision.

I think the newhire classes will be 50% off the street and 50% non-flowthrough Eagle pilots (up to 800 something). Anyone confirm this?

TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back