• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, I hear the constant bitching about the airline industry, but most of those whining have never had to do anything else. Until they walk in a furloughees shoes, quit yer bitchin!

For some reason my reply was cut short.

Federal gig, all the bennies and such. Just don't enjoy it, call it ADD or whatever, but I get absolutel;y ZERO job satisfaction and dread walking in to work every morning. I can stay where I am at and do very well, just not sure that's what will make me happy. Of course, another furlough won't make me very happy either!!!!!!!!!!

magrs,

Equal to my own personal QWL and W2contract wishes is my desire to improve that of guys in your situation.

I budget a small amount for buying FO's, especially returning Furloughees beers and food. I would also note that my accounting and auditing sucks so that budgeted amount generally is exceeded easily.:beer: Beers on me when you get back.

Hope to get you back soon to a good job.

This is EXACTLY why I feel torn between federal work and the airlines! I've got it great (from all logical perspectives) to stay at the governemnt, yet I am always drawn back to the airlines. After 9 years on furlough, I still feel the airline "family" is much more appreciative and welcoming then any other group. It is in no way an easy decision, but one that has come with much thought and planning that leads me to believe the airlines STILL offer the most bang for the buck! I've done the private industry, I've done the federal side, but I am always lead back to the airlines. For better or worse, I believe we can still make this a great career (as I have 30 years riding on this) and don't want to be a cheerleader, but have this within our grasp. I am so not the company man, nor have I been with the government, but truly believe we are at the crossroads of a decisive point in all our careers. We either stick together and make this a career we can all be proud of or we falter, and I stick with my 9-5 gig and dream of what couldn have been!

My final chapter has yet to be written, I'd love to come back to the airlines, but unless something drastically changes in the contract arena, I'll stay put and ride my career out as a has been,washed up pilot.

As for the free beers, I still bleed TWA red and AA blue, so any free beer is a good beer!

Can someone at AA answer this simple question. My buddy is contemplating recall. He's been out for about 8-9 years (I think). He's heard they are ramping up but very queasy about returning.

Any thoughts? Easter eggs? Possibility of Bankruptcy?

Thanks

Can someone at AA answer this simple question. My buddy is contemplating recall. He's been out for about 8-9 years (I think). He's heard they are ramping up but very queasy about returning.

Any thoughts? Easter eggs? Possibility of Bankruptcy?

Thanks

the simple question is what's he walking away from? Southwest? or something similar? Maybe he's #xx out of xxxx on a regional airline list with a 6 figure salary.. or maybe he's flying a GV for someone for 6 figures... then I'd say maybe no..

On the other hand.... if he's not stable, what's he got to lose?

(BTW, I'm not at AA to qualify my answer... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back