• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recall rumors/gossip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~180 guys have decided to go to AA from AE, there are 254 more that can chose yes or no, but havent been given the option yet. After all the AA furloughees have been offered recall there are supposed to be 824 more AE guys coming over 1:1 with newhires off the street. This is my understanding of the situation, so someone correct me if I am wrong :)
True, I was about 3 numbers to be recalled, but now 183 because of the Throw ups which have a very high fail rate according to a AA check pilot.

It will take AA about 2 years to go through all of the furloughed pilots plus all of the AE pilots that will decide to come over. I would not expect any new hiring from the street in the next 3-4 years.

Good luck

Not what I heard. But who knows if oil doesn't stabilize.

True, I was about 3 numbers to be recalled, but now 183 because of the Throw ups which have a very high fail rate according to a AA check pilot.

The AE flow-ups that were forced on AA by the arbitrators decision generally had a tough time in training, despite helpful, fair and honest instruction. A lot of those guys have very narrow experience (50 seat RJs at best) and no big airplane experience and were having trouble with even the MD-80 and 737 school (none have gone thru the 757/767 program which is much more difficult). Many had lots of additional training required. Failure rate is about 10% from what I hear, at least so far. That seems to be much higher than traditional off-the-street hiring, but off-the-streeters usually have more breadth of experience in a wider range of larger and more complex aircraft than commuter pilots.

But keep in mind that the sample size so far is fairly small, so statistically it's not definitive.

How old are the Eagle guys coming on property... And what happens if AMR actually sells Eagle?!?

Several of my AA friends have been have mentioned managements desire for a 100 seat jet (at mainline only, the friends assure me:D). Any thoughts?

The AE flow-ups that were forced on AA by the arbitrators decision generally had a tough time in training, despite helpful, fair and honest instruction. A lot of those guys have very narrow experience (50 seat RJs at best) and no big airplane experience and were having trouble with even the MD-80 and 737 school (none have gone thru the 757/767 program which is much more difficult). Many had lots of additional training required. Failure rate is about 10% from what I hear, at least so far. That seems to be much higher than traditional off-the-street hiring, but off-the-streeters usually have more breadth of experience in a wider range of larger and more complex aircraft than commuter pilots.

But keep in mind that the sample size so far is fairly small, so statistically it's not definitive.

Do you know how many B1900 drivers were hired at AMR?......I know 12...

so your training vs experience........is B.S........
Eagle RJ vs outsiders

I know of several guys that went to the 757/767. You do realize that there around 185 FT's at AA now? That would put the failure rate at less than 2%. I would say that is pretty good.

The flow-up failure rate is urban legend. Most AE flow ups are fine pilots that are on par with the new hires we had back in '00. Yes, we had a few that required more training than usual but nothing out of the ordinary - we've seen that with new hires too. Also, remember that 9 times out of 10, a training problem originates with bad attitudes, of which there are plenty given the bad blood between AA and AE pilots. Case in point, many flowbacks were busted unfairly back in '05 by a certain AE check airman who was on a mission. BTW, this AE check airman is now here at mainline.

Regarding the future here - I am firmly of the opinion that AA will get through the whole furlough list within the next 2 years and be hiring off the street by then. If they go through with the growth plans that are leaking out, this place is going to go nuclear with hiring and movement, combined with retirements. Right now there are SEVERAL well founded rumors of a big aircraft order, namely a mix of narrowbodies (738s) and widebodies (777-300ERs.)

Regarding the future here - I am firmly of the opinion that AA will get through the whole furlough list within the next 2 years and be hiring off the street by then. If they go through with the growth plans that are leaking out, this place is going to go nuclear with hiring and movement, combined with retirements. Right now there are SEVERAL well founded rumors of a big aircraft order, namely a mix of narrowbodies (738s) and widebodies (777-300ERs.)

I'm hoping and praying for mainline growth! But i still don't know if it would be easier to get on at AA by sticking at Eagle or jumping to an outside carrier.

How old are the Eagle guys coming on property... And what happens if AMR actually sells Eagle?!?

The AE guys coming over who already have seniority numbers aren't spring chickens. I would say they fit with the AA demographics being mostly between 47-57.

If Eagle is sold the guys with numbers still flow, but I believe the 824 guys that are supposed to be brought over with newhires off the street would be in jeopardy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back