• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Pilot Leader Wants America West Pilots in Seniority Talks - Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure I trust the AA pilots who were so "generous" with the Reno Air and TWA pilots...

I agree.

You've got to read between the lines. This all revolves around attempting to cut-off a potential DFR down the road.

I don't believe for one second that the APA gives two hoots about how and where east or west USAir pilots are slotted relative to each other - only how AA pilots are slotted relative to an overall USAir group. APA doesn't care if their pilot touches an east or west pilot, so long as they're getting the better deal. Everyone will be represented at the table - however, in the event a group gets cornholed, they can't say they weren't given a voice.

APA hates the Nic. They understand it was a flawed list and want to bury it deep in a hole. Nic is gone forever.
No lottery ticket for the America West pilots.

Actually it may be helpful if the Nic goes away. No reason for those 517 east pilots to populate the top of the combined list the way they do in the Nic.

The combined arbitration integration will probably be more favorable to the west pilots without the Nicolau list.

APA hates the Nic. They understand it was a flawed list and want to bury it deep in a hole. Nic is gone forever.
No lottery ticket for the America West pilots.

Is there a cogent, rational, reason why APA would "hate" a non-implemented ruling which they had nothing to do with? In my opinion, it's as irrational as saying APA "loves" the Nic award.

It would be like me saying, "I really hate that picture frame that my brother received for his birthday from my great uncle 8 years ago." It's a total non sequitur.

The fact that USAir pilots aren't coming to the table with any existing integration, not united as a group, really opens up the overall group for dividing and conquering. In fighting will be a distraction that APA will likely exploit.

The EASTHOLES are getting the Nic on turbo charged steroids this time around. They were the ones that wanted the do-over. Be careful what you wish for.

Stupid westicle. Nic is dead. AoL is dead. The rats in PHX are going to take a hit for the greed. The Arbitrators and AA all know who the problem is. You westicles are done.

Is there a cogent, rational, reason why APA would "hate" a non-implemented ruling which they had nothing to do with? In my opinion, it's as irrational as saying APA "loves" the Nic award.

It would be like me saying, "I really hate that picture frame that my brother received for his birthday from my great uncle 8 years ago." It's a total non sequitur.

The fact that USAir pilots aren't coming to the table with any existing integration, not united as a group, really opens up the overall group for dividing and conquering. In fighting will be a distraction that APA will likely exploit.

You have a point. It's not part of the status quo and is thus a non sequitur, regardless of who claims emotion over it.

At any rate it is virtually certain to come down to what three arbitrators say.

And everyone will be generally ok with the result, accept for those eager to use arbitration as a way to get payback for perceived past wrongs (whatever they may be, or whoever may have caused them).

The SLI arbitration is about status quo and fair and equitable moving forward.

My prediction is that the Nic will stick and the whole of USAPA will be out-USAPA'd.

I'm sure you can count on AA's pilots devotion to a fair and equitable merger. Unless you consider the TWA mess.

Latest resources

Back