• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA New Hires in Dec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Over/under on SWA doods who leave for AA by 2015? 150?

Nobody has been able to get DFW (or ORD for that matter) from their training bid unless they had a reinstatement right (basically they were on that equipment in that domicile when they got furloughed).

The most junior in DFW are on the S80 (they've been back 2-4 months) or the 737 (probably more like 6-12 months). The pendulum is just starting to change. New hires next year will have more choices than the recall's have had over the last 6 months.

How often do system bids come out where one can try to switches bases/equip due to vacancies?

Just trying to gauge if being a new hire in Mia would keep me there for years?

Vacancy bids come out once a month.

Dfw is starting to go junior. A320 and 737 FO has gone to recallees who have only been on property a few months.

Good luck to all who apply!

Vacancy bids come out once a month.

Dfw is starting to go junior. A320 and 737 FO has gone to recallees who have only been on property a few months.

Good luck to all who apply!

I second what AA73 stated above, Good Luck to all who apply.

Sept 30 (Reuters) - American Airlines plans to hire 1,500 new pilots over the next five years and has offered to recall all pilots who are currently furloughed, it said in a U.S. regulatory filing on Monday.
The AMR Corp unit, which has been operating under Chapter 11 protection since late 2011 and is looking to emerge from bankruptcy by merging with US Airways Group Inc, said it would start recruiting later in the fall.
"We are building a strong, competitive and profitable new American which will create more opportunity for our people," AMR Chief Executive Officer Tom Horton said in a message to staff that was included in the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Horton added that the carrier was still open to talks to settle the U.S. Justice Department lawsuit seeking to block the merger with US Airways. A federal judge will hear the case without a jury in November and decide whether the deal can go forward.

I hope APA can try to negotiate some sort of LOS (even partial would be a great start) for the furloughees. I plan on coming back before 2016...earlier if the LOS thing happens. Finally some exciting news!

PS: does any active pilot know if the schoolhouse allows F/Os as instructors? 3000+ PIC in the Airbus and would love to put it to use!

Latest resources

Back