• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA More Unlimited Jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is my attempt: To the USAir pilot, your airline has unlimited status on us. The gate agent was flat wrong. Sad, but unfortunately most of our DFW gate agents seem to have an ax to grind regarding the j/s. Even to their own fellow coworkers. You're roght, USAir always welcomes many of us with open arms - namely, because your gate agents are very non-rev-friendly, UNLIKE ours.

To the CO pilot - your airline becomes unlimited effective Nov 15. So when you asked for the j/s, the gate agent and pilots were right, however no reason to have been rude to you. I'm glad they let you on though.

I hate reading about incidents like these, unfortunately they are pretty common with the gate nazis we have down there. I do my part in walking up to the gate about 10mins prior to check on the status of j/sers, and a couple of times I've had confrontations - successful in the end - in getting j/sers on board.

Like AA717 says above, AA guards the j/s like some sacred fortress. A lot of our non-commuting pilots are clueless. Sorry guys, the only thing I can do is guarantee that any nonrevving pilot gets treated like gold when he/she is on my flight. There will always be some sour grapes captain/gate agent out there that makes it miserable for the rest of us.

jtf said:
So does AA allow international jumpseats yet?

We've always allowed int'l jumpseats, just not unlimited.... and it's only for airlines that are on the int'l jumpseat list - namely, most of the big eight airlines.

Same thing happend to me in DFW a couple of weeks back. Very senior gate agent attempted to deny several of us rides to work using the only 1 jumpseater per S-80 argument. The flight had around 75 open seats so capacity wasn't going to be a problem. Fortunately for us another agent came over and accomodated us. The original agent then got mad and walked off.

AA73, Thanks for your honesty and openess. I just wanted to say that I fly on you guys twice a week, and have for three years out of STL and your crews have been great. Very professional, and have gone out of their way to make me comfortable. Its been a great experience. The B6 guys are very appreciative of our AA counterparts, and you guys are welcome anytime on my airplanes. I wish I had a first class seat to offer you. Thanks again for the many many rides to/from work. I appreciate the way I have been treated. As a side note, the gate agents in STL have been great also, with rare exception. You guys/gals are top notch.

Hey man, glad it has worked out so far for you. Whaddayamean, no first class seat on B6 - the one and only time I j/seated on you guys, it may not have been an actual first class seat but definitely first class treatment. Glad we can reciprocate. Cheers,

aa73,

I know that you listed Trans States, but I am just curious where the other 2 AmericanConnection carriers (CHQ and RegionsAir) fall into the unlimited j/s list?

Thanks for your help!

aa73,

Thanks for checking on us J/S'ers. The only incident I've had with AA that left a sour taste in my mouth was the first time coming out of JAX. I had spoken with the Captain while he was printing the paperwork and he said he'd make sure I got a seat if there was one. When the boarding was done the agent (Executive Station) told me she couldn't let me on because all she had were first class seats. I was on and off the plane about 5 times before she finally let me board. I have to say that was pretty frustrating. Otherwise, I've been treated well. Much better than CAL agents.

don't know if it will help or not but.....

tell them your airline is on the D6U list rather than saying if they're on the unlimited list. they should be able to see the entire D6U list through sabre. of course a smile and please never hurts (kill em with kindness). i commuted for awhile on AA out of MIA and was never denied.

Smiliner said:
aa73,

I know that you listed Trans States, but I am just curious where the other 2 AmericanConnection carriers (CHQ and RegionsAir) fall into the unlimited j/s list?

Thanks for your help!

For some reason CHQ is unlimited but Regions Air isn't. However all 3 AX carriers can ride up front.

It ticks me off to see some airlines limited and others unlimited... we should be like UAL and DAL and just let everybody on.

ERfly said:
aa73,

Thanks for checking on us J/S'ers. The only incident I've had with AA that left a sour taste in my mouth was the first time coming out of JAX. I had spoken with the Captain while he was printing the paperwork and he said he'd make sure I got a seat if there was one. When the boarding was done the agent (Executive Station) told me she couldn't let me on because all she had were first class seats. I was on and off the plane about 5 times before she finally let me board. I have to say that was pretty frustrating. Otherwise, I've been treated well. Much better than CAL agents.

glad to hear you got on. dang agents!

Latest resources

Back