• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAflyer

Hello All,

Here is some good news.

American Airlines has recently approved the following airlines for unlimited jumpseat privileges effective November 15:

Continental Airlines

United Air Lines

Delta Airlines

Air Wisconsin (United Express)

Express Jet (Continental Express)

Atlantic Southeast Airlines (Delta Connection)

Trans States Airlines

Regards,

AA

FINALLY some good news. I know I've been telling everyone here that we were gonna announce more and to be patient, I was starting to sound like a broken record. Glad to have y'all.

Thank you for finally getting us on the list - I will spread the word around. I know this will help our commuters out greatly.

Thanks... all of us greatly appreciate it.

This is just an innocent question though. How come UAL can throw a switch and BANG... unlimited jumpseats for all, but it takes AA so long to accomplish adding a handful of companies at a time? I've heard its a management head butting game... is that true?

J32--You apparently have no clue as to how AMR operates. They will be out of business for 10 years before the suits in Centerpork realize it and quit pushing papers...

Seriously, AMR guards the jumpseat like Ft. Knox. The pass/travel bureau is an empire unto itself and wields it's authority without pause. I am floored by the decision to offer unlimited jumpseats.

Be prepared for quite a bit of animosity from the agents--they hate jumpseaters anyway. Now they have more to be pi$$ed off about.TC

I just had an incident today in DFW where I was denied the jumpseat because there was two of us with unlimited status and one jumpseat on an MD80. Also there was only 30 people booked on the flight so the flight was gonna go out with approximately 100 empty seats. The Trans States pilot offered to buy a pass so that I could have the jumpseat pass. The agents were your tipical rude AA agents giving me their power trip. As an AWA (US Air) pilot I don't understand how 10 AA guys can show up for our flight and we all greet them with open arms, but yet I show up to a flight with 100 open seats and I have to get someone to buy a pass so that I am able to get home. What happened to reciprical jumpseat agreement. Unlimited AA guys on us but yet only one or maybe two if you are lucky to get an aircraft with two jumpseats on AA. Doesn't sound too reciprical to me. How about if the AWA and USair started taking only limited AA guys. Sounds fair to me and maybe AA with get with the program.

Jet727 said:
I just had an incident today in DFW where I was denied the jumpseat because there was two of us with unlimited status and one jumpseat on an MD80. Also there was only 30 people booked on the flight so the flight was gonna go out with approximately 100 empty seats. The Trans States pilot offered to buy a pass so that I could have the jumpseat pass. The agents were your tipical rude AA agents giving me their power trip. As an AWA (US Air) pilot I don't understand how 10 AA guys can show up for our flight and we all greet them with open arms, but yet I show up to a flight with 100 open seats and I have to get someone to buy a pass so that I am able to get home. What happened to reciprical jumpseat agreement. Unlimited AA guys on us but yet only one or maybe two if you are lucky to get an aircraft with two jumpseats on AA. Doesn't sound too reciprical to me. How about if the AWA and USair started taking only limited AA guys. Sounds fair to me and maybe AA with get with the program.

Jet,

Same thing happened to me about a month ago from IAH to DFW. Showed up at the gate to request jumpseat on last AA flight of the night. Was informed by gate agent jumpseat was already taken by a Skywest pilot. There were over 100 open seats in coach. I indicated that I thought AA would take unlimited jumpseaters as long as there were seats in the back. She very rudely said no. However, as a "favor" to me, she would go see if the Captain would "look the other way". He did and I got to go home. While passing the cockpit, I asked if I could stick my head in, introduce myself, and say thanks. When I asked the Captain about unlimited jumpseats, both he and the FO were quick to say "No, AA doesn't allow unlimited jumpseaters".

So which is it? Can any AA guys give me the straight scoop?

Latest resources

Back