AA More Unlimited Jumpseats

AAflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,493
Total Time
9000+
Hello All,

Here is some good news.

American Airlines has recently approved the following airlines for unlimited jumpseat privileges effective November 15:

Continental Airlines

United Air Lines

Delta Airlines

Air Wisconsin (United Express)

Express Jet (Continental Express)

Atlantic Southeast Airlines (Delta Connection)

Trans States Airlines


Regards,

AA
 

ATR-DRIVR

Used Register
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Posts
1,555
Total Time
18k+
Great news and thanks again! All you AA guys I take in and out of TPA and PNS, glad to have you!
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
FINALLY some good news. I know I've been telling everyone here that we were gonna announce more and to be patient, I was starting to sound like a broken record. Glad to have y'all.
 

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
697
Total Time
enough
Thank you for finally getting us on the list - I will spread the word around. I know this will help our commuters out greatly.
 

J32driver

Strokin it...
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Posts
716
Total Time
8000+
Thanks... all of us greatly appreciate it.

This is just an innocent question though. How come UAL can throw a switch and BANG... unlimited jumpseats for all, but it takes AA so long to accomplish adding a handful of companies at a time? I've heard its a management head butting game... is that true?
 

seefive

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Posts
200
Total Time
3500
is that the all inclusive list for AAs unlimited j/s priv.
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
J32--You apparently have no clue as to how AMR operates. They will be out of business for 10 years before the suits in Centerpork realize it and quit pushing papers...

Seriously, AMR guards the jumpseat like Ft. Knox. The pass/travel bureau is an empire unto itself and wields it's authority without pause. I am floored by the decision to offer unlimited jumpseats.

Be prepared for quite a bit of animosity from the agents--they hate jumpseaters anyway. Now they have more to be pi$$ed off about.TC
 

Jet727

Active member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Posts
28
Total Time
7500
I just had an incident today in DFW where I was denied the jumpseat because there was two of us with unlimited status and one jumpseat on an MD80. Also there was only 30 people booked on the flight so the flight was gonna go out with approximately 100 empty seats. The Trans States pilot offered to buy a pass so that I could have the jumpseat pass. The agents were your tipical rude AA agents giving me their power trip. As an AWA (US Air) pilot I don't understand how 10 AA guys can show up for our flight and we all greet them with open arms, but yet I show up to a flight with 100 open seats and I have to get someone to buy a pass so that I am able to get home. What happened to reciprical jumpseat agreement. Unlimited AA guys on us but yet only one or maybe two if you are lucky to get an aircraft with two jumpseats on AA. Doesn't sound too reciprical to me. How about if the AWA and USair started taking only limited AA guys. Sounds fair to me and maybe AA with get with the program.
 

jtf

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Posts
732
Total Time
Enough
So does AA allow international jumpseats yet?
 

Co737drvr

New member
Joined
May 3, 2004
Posts
3
Total Time
14000
Jet727 said:
I just had an incident today in DFW where I was denied the jumpseat because there was two of us with unlimited status and one jumpseat on an MD80. Also there was only 30 people booked on the flight so the flight was gonna go out with approximately 100 empty seats. The Trans States pilot offered to buy a pass so that I could have the jumpseat pass. The agents were your tipical rude AA agents giving me their power trip. As an AWA (US Air) pilot I don't understand how 10 AA guys can show up for our flight and we all greet them with open arms, but yet I show up to a flight with 100 open seats and I have to get someone to buy a pass so that I am able to get home. What happened to reciprical jumpseat agreement. Unlimited AA guys on us but yet only one or maybe two if you are lucky to get an aircraft with two jumpseats on AA. Doesn't sound too reciprical to me. How about if the AWA and USair started taking only limited AA guys. Sounds fair to me and maybe AA with get with the program.
Jet,

Same thing happened to me about a month ago from IAH to DFW. Showed up at the gate to request jumpseat on last AA flight of the night. Was informed by gate agent jumpseat was already taken by a Skywest pilot. There were over 100 open seats in coach. I indicated that I thought AA would take unlimited jumpseaters as long as there were seats in the back. She very rudely said no. However, as a "favor" to me, she would go see if the Captain would "look the other way". He did and I got to go home. While passing the cockpit, I asked if I could stick my head in, introduce myself, and say thanks. When I asked the Captain about unlimited jumpseats, both he and the FO were quick to say "No, AA doesn't allow unlimited jumpseaters".

So which is it? Can any AA guys give me the straight scoop?
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
Here is my attempt: To the USAir pilot, your airline has unlimited status on us. The gate agent was flat wrong. Sad, but unfortunately most of our DFW gate agents seem to have an ax to grind regarding the j/s. Even to their own fellow coworkers. You're roght, USAir always welcomes many of us with open arms - namely, because your gate agents are very non-rev-friendly, UNLIKE ours.

To the CO pilot - your airline becomes unlimited effective Nov 15. So when you asked for the j/s, the gate agent and pilots were right, however no reason to have been rude to you. I'm glad they let you on though.

I hate reading about incidents like these, unfortunately they are pretty common with the gate nazis we have down there. I do my part in walking up to the gate about 10mins prior to check on the status of j/sers, and a couple of times I've had confrontations - successful in the end - in getting j/sers on board.

Like AA717 says above, AA guards the j/s like some sacred fortress. A lot of our non-commuting pilots are clueless. Sorry guys, the only thing I can do is guarantee that any nonrevving pilot gets treated like gold when he/she is on my flight. There will always be some sour grapes captain/gate agent out there that makes it miserable for the rest of us.
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
jtf said:
So does AA allow international jumpseats yet?
We've always allowed int'l jumpseats, just not unlimited.... and it's only for airlines that are on the int'l jumpseat list - namely, most of the big eight airlines.
 

mach zero

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Posts
297
Total Time
10K+
Same thing happend to me in DFW a couple of weeks back. Very senior gate agent attempted to deny several of us rides to work using the only 1 jumpseater per S-80 argument. The flight had around 75 open seats so capacity wasn't going to be a problem. Fortunately for us another agent came over and accomodated us. The original agent then got mad and walked off.
 

CUZ

Active member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Posts
39
Total Time
10,000
AA73, Thanks for your honesty and openess. I just wanted to say that I fly on you guys twice a week, and have for three years out of STL and your crews have been great. Very professional, and have gone out of their way to make me comfortable. Its been a great experience. The B6 guys are very appreciative of our AA counterparts, and you guys are welcome anytime on my airplanes. I wish I had a first class seat to offer you. Thanks again for the many many rides to/from work. I appreciate the way I have been treated. As a side note, the gate agents in STL have been great also, with rare exception. You guys/gals are top notch.
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
Hey man, glad it has worked out so far for you. Whaddayamean, no first class seat on B6 - the one and only time I j/seated on you guys, it may not have been an actual first class seat but definitely first class treatment. Glad we can reciprocate. Cheers,

73
 

Smiliner

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Posts
130
Total Time
huh?
aa73,

I know that you listed Trans States, but I am just curious where the other 2 AmericanConnection carriers (CHQ and RegionsAir) fall into the unlimited j/s list?

Thanks for your help!
 

ERfly

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Posts
767
Total Time
8100
aa73,

Thanks for checking on us J/S'ers. The only incident I've had with AA that left a sour taste in my mouth was the first time coming out of JAX. I had spoken with the Captain while he was printing the paperwork and he said he'd make sure I got a seat if there was one. When the boarding was done the agent (Executive Station) told me she couldn't let me on because all she had were first class seats. I was on and off the plane about 5 times before she finally let me board. I have to say that was pretty frustrating. Otherwise, I've been treated well. Much better than CAL agents.
 

CitationLover

Aw, Nuts!
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Posts
3,316
Total Time
1500+
don't know if it will help or not but.....

tell them your airline is on the D6U list rather than saying if they're on the unlimited list. they should be able to see the entire D6U list through sabre. of course a smile and please never hurts (kill em with kindness). i commuted for awhile on AA out of MIA and was never denied.
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
Smiliner said:
aa73,

I know that you listed Trans States, but I am just curious where the other 2 AmericanConnection carriers (CHQ and RegionsAir) fall into the unlimited j/s list?

Thanks for your help!
For some reason CHQ is unlimited but Regions Air isn't. However all 3 AX carriers can ride up front.

It ticks me off to see some airlines limited and others unlimited... we should be like UAL and DAL and just let everybody on.
 

aa73

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Posts
2,075
Total Time
10K
ERfly said:
aa73,

Thanks for checking on us J/S'ers. The only incident I've had with AA that left a sour taste in my mouth was the first time coming out of JAX. I had spoken with the Captain while he was printing the paperwork and he said he'd make sure I got a seat if there was one. When the boarding was done the agent (Executive Station) told me she couldn't let me on because all she had were first class seats. I was on and off the plane about 5 times before she finally let me board. I have to say that was pretty frustrating. Otherwise, I've been treated well. Much better than CAL agents.
glad to hear you got on. dang agents!
 
Top