• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Mechaninc goes BIG on Horton

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree with most of what he said. Also almost spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard.

Preach on-
Accountants seem to be able to gain power- but very few have been great leaders

Horton's business plan includes sacrificing thousands of us low seniority folks' jobs because we're obviously what's wrong with AA. I AM NOT WHAT'S WRONG WITH AA and until he and his ilk recognize that I will never support them. Bring on US Airways and Doug Parker....I've nothing to lose as Horton has already decided I need to go.

I heard Horton on tv talking about how tough he was and how he wasnt afraid to use any means necessary to reign in labor costs . Saying he was not afraid to cut as many jobs as it took. The whole thing was nauseating . Of course its easy for him, he is a soulless bean counter who will make millions no matter what happens. He'll put thousands out on the street and not lose a minutes sleep over it.

He doesn't look for or need acceptance from us- he actually believes he's doing good, and needs to be the bad guy to do it- it gives him endless accolades in the circle he runs in that he does care about.

Hence my quote below- very few in that circle have stood up against the class warfare that has been going on- and what has Buffett been rewarded with- endless slams from the people he's trying to look out for.

I heard Horton on tv talking about how tough he was and how he wasnt afraid to use any means necessary to reign in labor costs . Saying he was not afraid to cut as many jobs as it took. The whole thing was nauseating . Of course its easy for him, he is a soulless bean counter who will make millions no matter what happens. He'll put thousands out on the street and not lose a minutes sleep over it.

I dont believe Horton was ever meant to be a leader or long-term head of AMR. He is the hatchet man who's job it is to slash and burn as much as possible, then the white knight (Parker?) will ride in and attempt to start a new happy relationship with labor.

Parker's term sheet is worse than the final proposals from AMR pre-BK, but at that time it wasnt good enough for the labor unions. Now that Horton is attempting to burn the contracts the tune changes for the unions. Interesting... its almost like it was planned that way...

This guy is going to give himself a heart attack. I agree with him but it's not just AA or other airlines that bust unions, outsource jobs, and continuely find ways to screw employees in exchange for bonuses. This is American business model today my friends.

Latest resources

Back