• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Mechaninc goes BIG on Horton

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blame the customer who demands $199 tickets from California to Disney World. He should be ticked at SWA who has been undercutting his company's profits for years.

This is going to be a tough case to defend a fitness for duty evaluation or termination. Make no mistake, he will ultimately lose his job over this video. Unless I missed it through the yelling, there was a couple of threats in there as well which could also be construed as and carry some criminal implications.

Tempers are high but the absolute last thing you want to do is something like this. It is just not worth it.

Last edited:
Blame the customer who demands $199 tickets from California to Disney World. He should be ticked at SWA who has been undercutting his company's profits for years.

Hey that's just a dumb statement . SWA is not the cheapest on most routes I buy tickets on. Been that way for a while.

Why would he be mad at consumers? Cosumers will always prefer cheaper. I demand that Rolls Royce sells me a car for a grand, if they do thats their fualt.

Pax don't bang their fists on the ticket counter demanding a $199 fare. They simply pay what the airlines charge. If I buy a new car for $30,000 and decide I want to sell it the next day for only $5000, how is that the fault of the person the bought it that I lost money?

People in California go to Disney Land. They really don't need to go all the way to Florida when the other one is right in their back yard. Although it will probably cost $199 in gas to get there & back from Bakersfield.

Blame the customer? The dumbest statement on this topic ever.

I will say it does highlight one of the largest drawbacks of unions-
I AM a big supporter of unions and collective bargaining- I just think we need to collectively bargain parameters for the entire system and industry, then get creative and allow freedom and choice to change companies and negotiately directly as well.

Look at the emotion this man brings- he echoes many pilots I've met- emotion this strong only occurs when one feels trapped with little control over our own destiny- we have a system that marries us to companies that are led by management teams that have very little loyalty to the airline at all-

How long will we continue down this path?

Latest resources

Back