• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA liquidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard from an AA buddy that the APA has activated their SPC for the possibility of a wild-cat strike if their contract is abrogated. If this in fact takes place, it would be a great opportunity for ALL pilots, regardless of uniform, to back this strike. We have been taking it in the shorts long enough. Time to turn the table.

Sound advice. I went through a C11 at my airline and I can can say for sure that you will hear numerous scenarios, rumors, predictions etc etc. The only thing you can say for sure is they will all prove to be false. The only thing for certain is AA will still be flying in some way shape or form. Maybe with USAir, maybe not.

Good luck guys, given the average age of the AA pilots, it's most likely going to be one of the quickest upgrades to Captain when the dust settles.

Mix in the average ages of the USAir East guys, and people will move up quickly there eventually. I see the AWA guys really doing well if that merger occurs. I can't really see AA liquidating, but a merger probably will be the outcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Heard from an AA buddy that the APA has activated their SPC for the possibility of a wild-cat strike if their contract is abrogated. If this in fact takes place, it would be a great opportunity for ALL pilots, regardless of uniform, to back this strike. We have been taking it in the shorts long enough. Time to turn the table.

Yup, it's coming to a theater near you. Will the creditors do better with a liquidation?

Is a wild cat strike legal ?

Some truth to the OP. The natives are more than restless.

Management put out several letters pooh-poohing the Airways offer. They took the most hated individual in AA history (HR VP) and "removed" him--but not really. He's still hanging around to collect his bonus for doing his Masters' bidding and F'ing the employees for a decade.

We've got a decent deal from USAir in hand and AA is trying to tell us an 1113 contract and AA run by the same inbred group that allowed AA to die on the vine will be better for us?

REEEELLLYYY? Don't pi$$ me off by grossly insulting our intelligence.

You don't have to be a super-sleuth to see that the management wants their loot from exiting bankruptcy (think Tilton numbers) AND then, they want to collect again when AA inevitibly merges with USAir anyway.

So, yeah, it's entirely possible when (not if) the judge rubber stamps the 1113 request.

TC

Coming from a non-legacy, never been there guy.... IF AA gets the contract thrown out and gets to impose crappy(ier) wages and work rules, plus lay off a bunch of pilots and even more employees......

What is the real danger of walking off the job in the form of a wild-cat strike??? I mean, no doubt they'll try to impose the worst or near worst wages in the industry in BKRPTCY.

Would the job even be worth it, especially for SIC's if you were making say $70K or worse?? Not that $70K is a bad wage for the average person. But we know it's not a good wage for an airline pilot.

At what point does it make sense/sound reasonable to let it burn?
Good luck to every one involved

In bankrupcy proceedings is the job of the judge to protect the ones that have their cash on the line (creditors). He or she will weight heavily what the creditors want (merge). Horton is only worried about his own job.

Coming from a non-legacy, never been there guy.... IF AA gets the contract thrown out and gets to impose crappy(ier) wages and work rules, plus lay off a bunch of pilots and even more employees......

What is the real danger of walking off the job in the form of a wild-cat strike??? I mean, no doubt they'll try to impose the worst or near worst wages in the industry in BKRPTCY.

Would the job even be worth it, especially for SIC's if you were making say $70K or worse?? Not that $70K is a bad wage for the average person. But we know it's not a good wage for an airline pilot.

At what point does it make sense/sound reasonable to let it burn?
Good luck to every one involved

Good point. I have been at the bottom for so long, furloughed 9 years, recalled to a double commute and reserve. I can make it without AA and am willing to fight hard to make this place worth it. I do not fear AA failing. I wouldn't mind a more quiet and simple lifestyle.

Good point. I have been at the bottom for so long, furloughed 9 years, recalled to a double commute and reserve. I can make it without AA and am willing to fight hard to make this place worth it. I do not fear AA failing. I wouldn't mind a more quiet and simple lifestyle.

In my thinking..

The lower the wages and work rules, the more easily it will be to replace.. (although in this economy it's always a crapshoot)

Factor in those who are destined to be furloughed again, and those who are close enough to retirement age, a majority of AA pilots "may" have nothing to really lose by really fighting this scam of a deal.

I doubt there will be enough participants to truly destroy managaments game plan, but maybe enough to cause a rather large disruption. AA management can either sacrifice some money to the employees, or sacrifice a lot of money to cancelled flights, pissed off passengers and a really bad public relations nighmare

Latest resources

Back