Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
The Court concludes that American’s proposed changes to furlough and codesharing have not been justified by either reference to the Business Plan or the practices of American’s competitors. Given the significance of these two provisions collectively to American’s proposal,the Court finds that American has not shown that the proposal is necessary as required by Section 1113. For the reasons set forth above, therefore, American’s Motion to reject the collective bargaining agreements of the APA is denied. This denial is without prejudice to remedying the two defects identified in this Opinion and submitting a new application under Section 1113. Debtors’ counsel shall settle an order on three days’ notice.

http://www.amrcaseinfo.com/pdflib/4044_15463.pdf
Filed on 8/15/2012 at 17:44.

Well done Judge Lane. Nice bitch slap to Horton.

Well done AA pilots with the balls to say enough is enough!

Thank you for posting. I started the "other thread" on a bad emil from APA. My bad and apologies. I'm going to the liquior store now for some liquid celebration! Wow!

Congrats and Thank You to the AA Pilots!! This could be a historic day and a day where I hope the tide has turned!!

I don't want to ruin the party, but Mesaba ALPA won at least one, maybe two, decisions and then finally the bankruptcy judge allowed company to abrogate. You have won a battle, but not the war. Congrats and I hope this decision stands.

True, not over yet. But the good news is that it looks like the judge was particularly unhappy with some scope provisions that they wanted to abrogate. That may force AMR to back off of that if they want any relief at all.

Good Luck AA Pilots.....nobody will ever accuse you of taking it lying down.

Latest resources

Back