• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA announces recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Anyone that goes back to AA from one of those jobs should be summarily dismissed on psychological grounds."

PIPE

From union message board:

"I am a trapped member of the furloughed masses at an ‘inset name here’ low cost carrier with the word “blue” in the title.

No real contract or work rules exist and abysmal wages prevail.

I am young, and although the first if any responses to this thread will likely be; “get out and switch careers” or “stop flying for peanuts you are bringing us down” I would like to avoid this discussion of the obvious in exchange for this line of thought if only for a moment.

If I ever have the opportunity to accept a recall from AA, it will benefit me to do so almost immediately from a wage, and career earning potential perspective.

I will accept this recall if offered. In short, I am in waiting. Enough said"

and:

"I look forward to the day when I get the phone call/letter/email or whatever to come back to AA."

PIPE,

There is your answer. I too work at an LCC and believe me, the job isn't as good.

"Anyone that goes back to AA from one of those jobs should be summarily dismissed on psychological grounds."

PIPE

From union message board:

"I am a trapped member of the furloughed masses at an ‘inset name here’ low cost carrier with the word “blue” in the title.

No real contract or work rules exist and abysmal wages prevail.

I am young, and although the first if any responses to this thread will likely be; “get out and switch careers” or “stop flying for peanuts you are bringing us down” I would like to avoid this discussion of the obvious in exchange for this line of thought if only for a moment.

If I ever have the opportunity to accept a recall from AA, it will benefit me to do so almost immediately from a wage, and career earning potential perspective.

I will accept this recall if offered. In short, I am in waiting. Enough said"

and:

"I look forward to the day when I get the phone call/letter/email or whatever to come back to AA."

PIPE,

There is your answer. I too work at an LCC and believe me, the job isn't as good.

Okay. I shouldn't have said "anyone". If it's better for you, it's better for you. I hope that I am senior to you at AA so that my "pass" will get you there sooner. Best of luck.

PIPE

Going back to AA will be a huge step back for many. Kind of risky going back to a company that is so repressive and cares so little about its employees.

Try flying for a non-sced with no contract, no work rules, shoddy maintenance and 40 hour duty days with low pay.

AA does not look too bad then, I will pick up the phone when it rings.

I was stunned at how quickly Northwest got to me when they started recalling. I was about 400 from the top of the list and they got to me trying to fill their first 50 recall positions.

We have a 30/60/90 day deferral option and I took the 90 day deferral. I didn't want to throw away my current job, which pays the bills and provides benefits, for NWA after they recalled and then re-furloughed last year.

It's working out to be a pretty good recall system, allowing pilots who are on the street or in a really bad job to go back, while others who are fairly secure can hold back for a little more seniority and future furlough protection, or take an alternate career path altogether.

I did learn to look out for number one, because no one else is. Good luck to all!

<Larry the cable guy voice>

Let's see here.

Take a recall and be the bottom feeder in LGA, have a 2 hop commute to pull 19 days of reserve, at 2nd year pay to be a co pilot for life?

or,

Just put my weenie in a meat grinder?

:nuts:

I'd rather work somewhere with a good upgrade time, a positive attitude toward employees, and had a junior base out here on the left side of the country.

No I agree with you and was saying that you and I are in the same boat, that is the sidelines. I want in the game now.

Then get a haircut and wipe that stupid grin off your face.

Disregard if your avatar is not your actual picture.

But I suppose I would be wasting my time trying to talk you out of this silly profession.

"I'd rather work somewhere with a good upgrade time, a positive attitude toward employees, and had a junior base out here on the left side of the country."

Yeah me too. And I thought I had until some genious in managemt thought USAir was salvageable.

And now, I am in the same seniority and whose the better pilot argument AGAIN. Management wants pay cuts while they get bonuses AGAIN. I'm worried about getting displaced and having to move my family cross country AGAIN. I'm stuck with no movement on reserve AGAIN. Cursing myself for ever getting involved with this career AGAIN. Disgusted with my so called union and what little they have done for me (actually harmed me) AGAIN!

Seriously though, what else can I do for 60K a year with little training? No flame, I've been looking and would love to find something else. Otherwise, what is the difference between aa and every other crappy airline job? At least aa pays more than what I do now, at least until their next contract. It's really pathetic, but aa is the evil you know. aaa is the evil that is just beginning to rear it's ugly head.

A final thought, Doug Parker = ?. Icahn was too stupid, Lorenzo too greedy. Who else? Doug has most of the employees snowed, could he be the ultimate?

Steve--At least you have already gotten the ALPA screwing out of the way at AA. At AAA, it's still out there...

I'm bypassing so you can get recalled one number earlier. TC

Latest resources

Back