• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 first flight 4/27!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And UP she goes! Man, that is a thing of grace and it'll blow the whale clear out of the skies!

A thing of grace...?
Aye Mr. Euro, ya been smoking ganja donw at the Bazooka club again.?;)

To call the French Fatso graceful is a bit of a stretch..

First delivery by end 2006; it will sell and it will make Airbus tons of money.

He-he, are we also predicting the future now?
How about getting some lottery tickets and share the winnings with the board.
I would drink a Stella to that...:D

CSY

Hi mate, been a while since we crossed swords in cyberspace ;)

Well to my drunken eyes it looked just great. Obviously not a supermodel like the Concorde, but still graceful. I suppose you being a whaledriver and all makes you kind of biased :)

Mind the 'gators mate, and see you soon I hope.

By the way, the Ganja supply has run a tad dry as of late. Really should fire up the motor and head north ...

Orange flight suits! They look like the astronauts getting off the space shuttle after a landing a KSC....do you suppose this is their Space shuttle...

EuroWheenie said:
I'll let you know that Stella Artois is one of the finest lagers in my book, and the only one that was available in my fridge. Jupiler is fine too, but one of the finer things about living in Belgium is that you'd be hard pressed to find a bad beer - and there's more than 300 to choose from! Sure as hell beats the pants off the coloured water called Bud ;)
Living in Belgium and drinking Stella Artois is akin to living in the Pacific Northwest and drinking Bud.

Hugh

Never been to the Pacific Northwest; is that in Russia? Kamchatka per chance? Anyways, if you'd been in Belgium you'd know that the Stella we get here is not quite the same as the export, or even worse licensed brewed, versions. And for lunch, anything stronger than 5.7% is a bit too heavy for me. Now I do enjoy the occasional Leffe Brun or even, on special occasions, a Chimay Bleu. I've even been known to down a Hoegaarden or 10. But not for lunch.

rvsm410

I belive the reason for the orange suits is ease of identification in case of, well, an outcome other than what was planned. I suppose it's the same reason the Space Shuttle guys and gals are wearing orange. A good idea is an idea worth stealing, as the Japanese used to say ;)

Yeah Mate, I am a bit biased.."If it ain't Boeing, I ain't Going" :D

Actually I am going every day now, we are short of drivers and I am working overtime...It does cut into my beer time, but it sure is good for keeping the bill collectors at bay.

As for Buses and Concords and such.

Man, I am surprised the Brit and French taxpayers put up with the Concorde thing: Enormous tax burdens to build a handful of fast jets so the rich and famous don't have to spend 7 hours on an Atlantic crossing...:rolleyes:

Yeah, it was a symbol of technical excellence, but a money looser from day one and it sure did not benefit Joe-six pack that paid for the whole mess.

At least Airbus is making money as a commercial entity, and it should after having been shored up by various Governments for years.

Uh, back to the A-380 (Thread creep is my speciality) Yeah, big and ugly it is, but I must say the Frogs have grown balls to build that thing.
It could flop faster than ya could say white elephant, or it could be the future of commercial aviation...

Don't really care as my seniority would not get to the Fatso untill I timed out at 60, and at that time ya will see my arse parked at a Bahamian beach with a cold 'rita in hand thinking of my glory days on the whale...:D

Last edited:
CSY

Not just the Frogs mate; without the Spanish there'd no no tailfin to keep the nose in the right direction. Without the English there'd be no wings to generate lift and no power to propel the thing forward. Without the Germans there'd be no forward and aft fuselage, and without the Americans there'd be no landing gear to stand on. About the only thing the French do is bolt the thing together ... and they allegedly do so in the presence of a horde of German engineers (quality control being their speciality as we all know).

As for the Concorde. Quite an expensive exercise, but then again who could have foreseen that the oil price would skyrocket? Still the most beautiful man-made thing to grace the skies, and I count myself extremely lucky to have had the chance to pax in it (LHR-JFK, return on a Whale).

"If it ain't a Boeing yada yada yada". Can't follow you there, but then again you are a thick headed Noggie of dubious reputation so that's allright ;)

Low and slow bro, og drik lige en omgang bajere for mig :D

"If it ain't a Boeing yada yada yada". Can't follow you there, but then again you are a thick headed Noggie of dubious reputation so that's allright ;)
Hey careful there ya little big-mouth...I may have to beat year ugly face against a brickwall a few times to the sound of Boeing, Boeing, Going, Going. :D

Yeah, I am sure the Krauts and Spaniards and all them guys are involved in the Big Atari Bus as well, but they forgot to include a designer with a soul: The thing just does not look right.

Planes are supposed be somewhat pleasant to the eye...

Can ya imagen Airbus engineers designing a woman?
She would probably be a big and functional milk and baby factory, excellent at house hold chores, but so butt-ugly that nobody would want to chat her up, or even ask her out for a date...:D

Nah, for a thing of grace I go the Boeing way.......

"Can ya imagen Airbus engineers designing a woman?
She would probably be a big and functional milk and baby factory, excellent at house hold chores, but so butt-ugly that nobody would want to chat her up, or even ask her out for a date...:D "

And her "family" would pay people to take her out

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back