A380 first flight 4/27!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
Which "American" product compares wth the A380?

I suppose it would be the B-747. First flight 2/9/69. Total number delivered - 1400+.

It is more profitable than the A380 on a per-seat basis, and despite that, orders are winding down as airlines look towards more efficient twinjets. I'm afraid Airbus missed their flight...

Man i want to watch this. Are the live video feeds for invited guests only?

bocefus said:
There is none. Sort of like asking which competing product compared with the Edsel.

Time will tell. Have you priced Edsels lately? :)

EagleRJ said:
I suppose it would be the B-747. First flight 2/9/69. Total number delivered - 1400+.

It is more profitable than the A380 on a per-seat basis, ...

Sorry, Charlie. The size of the A380 outstrips the 747 in every respect. Boeing and Airbus were in on the project from the beginning, and Boeing decided it wasn't the way to go. Good for them - - they bowed out, that's their prerogative. I guess they were too busy trying to lease new tankers to the Air Force for more than their purchase price.

More profitable than the A380? Funny, I didn't realize we had a fortune teller among us! Try running some figgers AFTER it's flying, why doncha? :)

Hey, I understand your opinions, and I empathize with your bias. Some folks like Ford pickups, some like Chevys, and some idiots like Dodge. :) Given the choice of an American- or foreign-made product of similar quality, I'd favor the American made stuff myself. However, I happen to think Mazda makes the best 2-seater convertible. And when it comes to super-jumbo airplanes, Airbus has the deal.

:)

Your right, time will tell, but if current interest by carriers continues to wane, I'd say that is a pretty good indicator among others that the A-380 will be a flop on the same scale as the Edsel. I imagine it will have a small niche, but will be a commercial failure.

I sure hope they worked out the A380's "Wing Flexing" problems, according to the computer simulations, they were dragging an inboard engine in light crosswind landings.:rolleyes:

After looking at some head-on shots of the A380, I must say that probably the biggest airbus supporters will have to agree that it will be one of the ugliest thing in the skies.

Face it man, nothing compares to the gracefulness of the 747.

We'll see if it flies.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back