• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 first flight 4/27!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meanwhile Boeing books $13,000,000,000 in orders in the last two days to both Air Canada and Air India for a boatload of 777s and 787s.

My dorky self probably will if I can figure out what time it's supposed to happen.

The Airbus website now says it's likely to be the 27th (tomorrow). I signed up for a newsletter back in January, and tried to watch the Reveal ceremony on webcast - - it was a disappointment. I had better luck finding it on cable TV.

This time may be different, however (hopefully). I've received two e-mails with "Log-in" instructions for the event. Apparently the limits on access will improve the reliability of the webcast.

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,
The Airbus team is pleased to include you among the privileged visitors who are offered the possibility to watch the live broadcast of the A380 First flight on Airbus.com.

We would like to inform you that there is a strong possibility that the A380 will fly next week. We cannot give you an exact date and time as maiden flights are subject to many conditions that we cannot control such as weather conditions.

Therefore, from Monday 25 April, please consult our web site every morning (GMT+2) for more information.

Just before the day of the first flight, the site will display pages dedicated to the event, including a special A380 lounge reserved for watching the live broadcast of the first flight.
Find below your personal access information to enter the "A380 Lounge":
Login: [email protected]
Password: XXXX
Your login and password are personal. They are valid for this event only, and will not allow several simultaneous connections on the day of the event.

Please be aware that your company's firewall may prevent you from watching live broadcasts.

We look forward to sharing this aviation milestone with you.

The Airbus team.

I have my fingers crossed. :)

if anyone gets word of when this will be on TV, let everyone know!!!! i don't want to watch an abbreviated version on the 6 o'clock news...

"Which "American" product compares wth the A380?"

There is none. Sort of like asking which competing product compared with the Edsel.

Latest resources

Back