A.T.I. Pilots vote down Mgmnt's "Final Offer"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'Angelo said:
ummm yea you need to check your facts. At MickeyD's a manager averages around 30k/year and they have to work a lot more. 100k is plenty. Nice condo, good steak and lobster dinners, fine liquor. What else can one need. We are truly livin it up and don't have to work nearly as much. I know in fantasy land though pilots are the poorest people of them all. They make less than everyone out there poor things. :sarcasm:

Just proves how full of crud that you are. $100k aint ********************e in NY. Nice condo? You joke, your payments on a nice NYC condo would be more than you make. Have you even been to NY. Tool.

instructordude said:
D'Angelo,

I have been reading your posts and have to agree that being employed is better than unemployed. I guess some folks don't have a clue or haven't been dropped on their head yet. I have recently been offered a job with a regional, albeit most folks look down on us, and am exicited as all could be. Am I getting paid the big bucks? No, but I am flying a state of the art jet and building real time for down the road. I don't mind doing it for the pay they will give me and if(management) needed some payback I would be willing to give it. It is a small price to pay for the chance to fly around the country first class (Flying a JET BABY!!!) and get paid. I will admit I don't know anything about unions though but am more willing to trust managment. They are after all the ones that hired me.

The whole point is that your attitude of who cares what I make because I'm building time for "down the road" is a major drag on pilot compensation. That 'down the road' rarely comes. I imagine that you are just flamebaiting with that post and if you're not do us all a favor and find a new career. Wouldn't you like to be able to buy a decent home/car/support kids? If you are just now joining a regional then you will probably spend many years there before the posibility of moving on presents itself. Once the thrill of flying a shiny new jet wears off (and it will) you'll realize that your wages are going directly into the pockets of management and the flying public.

D'Angelo and Instructordude are both Flamebaiters. 100K in NYC goes as far as you can throw a Lincoln Continental. Watching David Letterman does not count as having been to NYC. Liar. That is what you are. I also noticed that almost all of your post refer to pilots in the third person, funny you don't include yourself. That is because you are an Intern in some VP's office. You sit around answering phone calls and playing on FI.com trying to stir the masses. Get a grip, everyone on this board is wise to your pathetic life. You are a liar and the few that chime in to agree with you are probably an alter ego screen name that you are writting under. Loser + Liar = D'Angelo

Green said:
The whole point is that your attitude of who cares what I make because I'm building time for "down the road" is a major drag on pilot compensation. That 'down the road' rarely comes. I imagine that you are just flamebaiting with that post and if you're not do us all a favor and find a new career. Wouldn't you like to be able to buy a decent home/car/support kids? If you are just now joining a regional then you will probably spend many years there before the posibility of moving on presents itself. Once the thrill of flying a shiny new jet wears off (and it will) you'll realize that your wages are going directly into the pockets of management and the flying public.

I don't mind working my way up. It's all part of paying your dues. If traveling around the country in the front seat of a jet is paying my dues then I'm doing ok and am happy with it. I never said I didn't care what I make. I am happy with 18,000 a year now, knowing in 6-8 years it will at least be 60,000/year. With that kind of cash on hand I could upgrade from my current car, an Iroc and get into one of those new mustangs. By the way I can't wait to see the movie Talledega Nights. Should be funny as all be.

As far as a wife and kids, not for me right now but thanks for thinking. It will be in my cards down the road though. For right now though, I'm sitting sweeeeeeeeeeet!

To all you Major's Board users, I see you have met Duh Angelo, appropriately referred to as the SKIDMARK in the underpants of the airline industry. Enjoy him, as most everyone on the Regional board has added him to their ignore list. Hence the reason why he has infected your threads now.

instructordude said:
As far as a wife and kids, not for me right now but thanks for thinking. It will be in my cards down the road though. For right now though, I'm sitting sweeeeeeeeeeet!

No kids? That is because you are 17 years old. Go play on your Microsoft Flight Sim and leave us alone. You are sad.

DC-8_FR8 said:
Just proves how full of crud that you are. $100k aint ********************e in NY. Nice condo? You joke, your payments on a nice NYC condo would be more than you make. Have you even been to NY. Tool.

Now now, don't feed the trolls.

DwayneWorthless said:
No kids? That is because you are 17 years old. Go play on your Microsoft Flight Sim and leave us alone. You are sad.

He doesn't have kids becasue he is a eunuch.

DC-8_FR8 said:

I never said I lived in midtown manhattan or anything like that. I live out in the bronx. yes you can afford a nice condo in NYC at 100k. The fact is most people that live in the NY area don't clear 100k. Yes theres lots of wall street execs, lawyers but once you get out of manhattan the average wage goes down. Its called saving your money, getting equity and putting a nice fat down payment on it. Pilots seem to be horrible with money. Granted im not living in a royal palace or anything however we are doing just fine. Why do you want all pilots to be living in poverty so bad? Why does everyone have to be poor just because the vocal minority things we are underpaid. Make the wife get a job and youll be fine in no time.

Latest resources

Back