• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Real Union Not Alpo!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the mean time, who else here thinks CopilotDoug should be kicked off F.I. for violating the rules?

Sounds good to me. He's never been anything but a flamebaiter, anyway.

I'll give Rez a few minutes to calm down and collect himself...

In the mean time, who else here thinks ALPA sucks Bigfoot dick?

Rez-0 has admitted that ALPA hasn't worked out very well for him. You and I were at the same (now defunct) non-CBT dungheap. Rez-0 is just clinging to the last straw, the last vain hope for pilots to have better wages and QOL than the old guy welcoming you to wallyworld.

I don't think that the government should be proping up the last vestage of US industrial might any more than they should socialize medicine. The government has already allowed our electronics, aircraft manufacturing, shipbuilding, toy making, clothing/textile, merchant marine and steel industries to be run into the ground and moved offshore.

Why the last ditch effort to save Detroit? The CEO's who led the companies to where they are have no vested interest in those companies. They get thier golden parachutes regardless...800,000 serfs more or less don't matter to them any more that the serfs who maintain and move the metal for an airline matter to their management.

It's too late!

I don't think that the government should be proping up the last vestage of US industrial might any more than they should socialize medicine. The government has already allowed our electronics, aircraft manufacturing, shipbuilding, toy making, clothing/textile, merchant marine and steel industries to be run into the ground and moved offshore.

Why the last ditch effort to save Detroit? The CEO's who led the companies to where they are have no vested interest in those companies. They get thier golden parachutes regardless...800,000 serfs more or less don't matter to them any more that the serfs who maintain and move the metal for an airline matter to their management.

It's too late!
I forgot, Belch...to some people, FI is the "pulse" of the Aviation Industry...I'll keep this in mind and try to keep my muck-raking in check!

In my experience in working for companies that have moved production overseas...there's ALWAYS a catch! From the lead paint toy recall to a much larger scale with Boeing and the missed production deadlines. Where the government has failed us is by not putting up barriers to stem the glut of cheap, foreign made crap from flooding our markets. Is it a surprise that Americans, accustomed to a higher QOL than most third world countries, can't compete on an international level?

With America all but completely transformed to a service economy...what's the difference if a few mismanaged auto companies leave the scene?

When the government does bail out the big three (While keeping the same mismanagement teams in place...) it will be a day late and a dollar short.

Where the government has failed us is by not putting up barriers to stem the glut of cheap, foreign made crap from flooding our markets. Is it a surprise that Americans, accustomed to a higher QOL than most third world countries, can't compete on an international level?

The government would not be protecting the vast majority of the citizens of the USA by constructing trade barriers. Big(ger) government is NOT the answer.

I believe that, and most statistics show, that the American worker can compete just fine against workers from other nations.

Allowing any one of the 'Big 3' will be excruciatingly painful to America. However, that would be the least painful outcome to the vast majority of the American populace. The enormous debt that we are running up to address this crisis will affect us as a country for generations to come.

Personal responsibility in America? I'm for it, but I just haven't seen any of it in a long time.

Sounds good to me. He's never been anything but a flamebaiter, anyway.
He's a flamebaiter because he doesn't suck on the same yule time log, that you call ALPA?

....that isn't the real reason and you know it.....

So what sort of paranoid delusional reason have you dreamt up in your convoluted mind, Joey?

Latest resources

Back