• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Real Union Not Alpo!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guilty as charged, Rez. I don't have a newspaper subscription. Do I get half-points for getting my news from the internet?

Probably not, as the news sources you find on the internet are not the same caliber as print. In order to have news printed it must be credible to attract advertising, whereas fringe "news" websites do not...

Rez, I don't think the members of FI find the PATCO Strike as interesting as you.

So now you represent what the members of FI think... wow.... is that a self appointed position?

To sit back and watch repetitive and prententious erudition is irritating. If you'd like to discuss it in earnest, please PM me.

What is irritating is your inability to put up or shut up. You claim unions should have balls and guts, making grandiose and unfounded accusations that, because unions don't play hard ball they are failures.

While I counter with unions that have, such as PATCO and the APA. I ask you to offer arguments on their results and how it would effect current day union "tough guy" actions that you advocate.

Trying to get an answer out of you, is like asking Spicoli to elaborate on why the NY delegation abstained from signing the Declaration of Independence. It is just not going to happen.

I am sure you are a college educated young man, but when it comes to the issues discussed you have zero education and no experience. The only way for you to play in the sandbox is to put guys on the defensive with cheap shots, baseless comments, unfounded accusations and lies.

Maybe that's your problem Rez...you SITTING and WATCHING on your FLAT SCREEN TV. Take a break from FI...go outside for some fresh air and get involved...like me.

Once again you fail to grasp the context of the debate..

I, for one, am offended at this comment.

Hardly, you'll say just about anything on this message board to instigate and rouse discussion. To act now that you have decency and morals is laughable.

Feel better now?

Do you?

Don't forget to mention: a PROUD non-ALPA member.

Thriving and Wallowing in Your Business,

The Bad Assed, Hotshot Analyst of FlightInfo!!!

The true colors come thru.... proud no less...

Probably not, as the news sources you find on the internet are not the same caliber as print. In order to have news printed it must be credible to attract advertising, whereas fringe "news" websites do not...
I wouldn't say cnn.com is a fringe news website. Not necessarily the best...but not the worst.

So now you represent what the members of FI think... wow.... is that a self appointed position?
That...and my goal is not to hijack this thread.

What is irritating is your inability to put up or shut up. You claim unions should have balls and guts, making grandiose and unfounded accusations that, because unions don't play hard ball they are failures.
Correction...my beef is with ALPA. Prater is the one who sailed into office on the grandiose, if hollow, platform of "Taking It Back"

Don't point the finger at me because he is a weak and poor leader.

While I counter with unions that have, such as PATCO and the APA. I ask you to offer arguments on their results and how it would effect current day union "tough guy" actions that you advocate.

Trying to get an answer out of you, is like asking Spicoli to elaborate on why the NY delegation abstained from signing the Declaration of Independence. It is just not going to happen.
Rez, PATCO was a failure because A) They only got about 75% of the membership to strike B) There was plenty of forewarning of an impending strike, so Reagan had time to formulate a contingency plan. No element of surprise and the solidarity was not there. The APA blinked first over the financial interests of the Union...not the employee group.

Have any relevant cases where maybe a pilot group pisses on the RLA and walks out without approval from the NMB?

I am sure you are a college educated young man, but when it comes to the issues discussed you have zero education and no experience. The only way for you to play in the sandbox is to put guys on the defensive with cheap shots, baseless comments, unfounded accusations and lies.
Not that I agree with any of the above...but what of the Pilots who do have the first hand experiences? I am not the only guy on here who doesn't like ALPA. What say you to those current members who are disgusted by ALPA? How about MerlinDrvr88? Why don't you address his statements?

Once again you fail to grasp the context of the debate...
I failed to grasp nothing Rez. When are you going to realize that at the end of the day, you're responsible for your own actions?

Hardly, you'll say just about anything on this message board to instigate and rouse discussion. To act now that you have decency and morals is laughable.
Isn't flightinfo about discussion?

Never been better!

Takin' It Back,

-CopilotDoug

PS...
But I like the guy, don't get me wrong..... he's like that cute mutt dog that keeps humping your leg.
Did you just say you like it when dogs hump your leg???

Someone ask Rez why ALPA didn't support PATCO....he won't answer me anymore....:laugh:

We had many former PATCO guys who flew for ASA....and they will never forget the fact that ALPA didn't support PATCO...

I wouldn't say cnn.com is a fringe news website. Not necessarily the best...but not the worst.

So deft and witty of you. :rolleyes:

That...and my goal is not to hijack this thread.

0/2.

Correction...my beef is with ALPA. Prater is the one who sailed into office on the grandiose, if hollow, platform of "Taking It Back"

First off, you are not an ALPA member. ALPA effects you in no way.

Second, he didn't sail into office... you know nothing of politics....

Don't point the finger at me because he is a weak and poor leader.

I never did. Once again that is you trying to make something out of nothing because you understand the issues not.

Until you know what you are talking about Spicoli, you will continue to spin your wheels...

Rez, PATCO was a failure because A) They only got about 75% of the membership to strike B) There was plenty of forewarning of an impending strike, so Reagan had time to formulate a contingency plan. No element of surprise and the solidarity was not there. The APA blinked first over the financial interests of the Union...not the employee group.

Now that you've had time to read up on PATCO.....:rolleyes:

Wrong again..... PATCO failed because it was illegal to strike. Regardless of how effective they were, the strike was illegal.

As far as the APA, you can't run an organization without money, son.

However, the ubiquitous point is these unions tried tough guy tactics and failed. In addition, it set a bad precedent for all of us... and still does... Even if we wanted to be tough guys the actions of PATCO and APA have got the opposition on guard

Have any relevant cases where maybe a pilot group pisses on the RLA and walks out without approval from the NMB?

You think an message board moniker such as yourself knows something that union lawyers and labor relation attorneys does not?

Not that I agree with any of the above...but what of the Pilots who do have the first hand experiences? I am not the only guy on here who doesn't like ALPA. What say you to those current members who are disgusted by ALPA? How about MerlinDrvr88? Why don't you address his statements?

We are all disgusted with ALPA. However, you offer no solutions. Or the ones you do offer are about as pragmatic as a hot tub on the space shuttle. It just isn't going to happen. Your broken record gets old. More pilots getting involved and elected proper leaders is viable.

History has proven that when the masses unify, change occurs. We can sit around and be pessimist like you or we can man up and work to effect change despite the fact that we know the union has problems...

I failed to grasp nothing Rez. When are you going to realize that at the end of the day, you're responsible for your own actions?

Another empty accusation on your part.... have another grilled cheese sandwhich.

Isn't flightinfo about discussion?

I've never had a discussion with you. Rather dreaded social "pleasantries" with the Hotsnot nephew at the fringe family reunion...

Never been better!

Why not celebrate then and have Mom cook up another grilled cheese...:)

Takin' It Back,

-CopilotDoug

PS...

Did you just say you like it when dogs hump your leg???

Why not have her heat up a few pigs in a blanket too.... You deserve it with your "internet victory"

I couldn't have been the execs who decided that BIG suv's were the future and neglected to look to the future. It couldn't have been the politicians in Washington who determined that lobbiest bribes/payola were more important than fuel economy standards for the nation. Its STUPID ignorant idiots like you who voted for the criminals in power, the last 8 years. You are the REAL problem that this county is having to deal with, stupid and a vote. Your inability to focus on anything but your miniscule weiner for more than 20 seconds(congrats on breaking the 20 sec barrior), is what allows the criminal bureaucrats to loot the country. ted stevens is the posterboy for your political party, what an icon. If you participated in the political process for 10% of the time you spend yanking on your weiner there might not be the economic problems we are dealing with now.
PBR

Did I step on a nerve there dip$hit? My intelligence is wasted here. :laugh: (And what's up with all of the weiner comments? Are you fantasizing of your hero Bonny Fwank?)

Last edited:
Watched a real union today stand up for it's workers. It was the UAW.

Well your first mistake is likening UAW to ALPA. Your second is calling ALPA a union. It's not. It's an association and it's governed by the Railway Labor Act. We are held to much different rules than the UAW and as such we must behave differently.

I'll give Rez a few minutes to calm down and collect himself...

In the mean time, who else here thinks ALPA sucks Bigfoot dick?

Latest resources

Back