• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Real Union Not Alpo!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fuel economy and formerly extremely high profit margin SUVs and trucks aren't the reason that the Big 3 are in trouble.

Their cost structures, of which they all three agree labor is but a small part, are too high. Vastly simplified, to maintain any profit, they are forced to produce far more inventory than they can realistically sell in these economic conditions. Also, there are significant, expensive barriers to the American automakers decreasing their production capacity.

On the flip side, had the domestic automakers decided to structure themselves to weather the current conditions as has been suggested by folks from CNN (and FOX, btw) to Capitol Hill (ironic misspelling on purpose), they would not have been able to achieve the profits that they had during the relatively good economic times. Food for thought, but smaller automakers will hire and provide jobs for fewer people, regardless of whether the economy is either weak or strong.

For review, selling a product that the customers want, i.e. Expeditions, Hummers, Mustangs, Vipers, and Corvettes, yet still achieving a profit, has never caused a company to go bankrupt. However, still selling products, with no profit, that the customers don't want, is a quick way to go out of business. This is why you will not have hourly 777 service from MCN, unless of course the incoming administration decides to subsidize said service.

Jeez, watch something other than Olberman or the Rachael Maddow show every once in a while, would ya?
Big

unless of course the incoming administration decides to subsidize said service.

Isn't that what the Japanese and German govts are doing for thier citizens and companies? Healthcare and pensions to be specific?

Their cost structures, of which they all three agree labor is but a small part, are too high.
Employee cost is NOT the problem for the companies going bankrupt or leading them into finacial woes.
Management would love to tell you so, and some believe. The UAW knows better, that what led them into this situation was not the labor costs, but um....maybe the fact that the CEO's are raking in millions and millions every quarter for themselves.

How many jets does Bob Lutz have? 4-5?

Blaming ALPA for the actions of a pilot group is like blaming the Mint for people defaulting on their sub-prime Mortgages.
It's more like blaming the Lender (MECs and LECs) for pressuring the buyers (Pilots) into unwise propositions (Concessions for future returns)

Hey Jumpers!!!

Weak.......Very weak.....No balls like me? You don't even know me, so keep typing away like some "Billy Badass" on your laptop.

I am fourth generation, just like my 2 brothers. That means I have senoirity and you are a fn idiot. I have lived ALPO alot longer than you, and they don't do anything, when ALPO is gone, I will be happy. And ALPO will be gone soon, because they don't serve the pilot, they serve themselves, ask other pilots moron. And don't ever think you have more experience than me. FAGGOT!!!! I would fly you under the table.

Isn't that what the Japanese and German govts are doing for thier citizens and companies? Healthcare and pensions to be specific?
Yeah...and their taxes are MUCH higher.

Last edited:
Yeah...and their taxes are MUCH higher.

Zing!!!!

...... cause the use of our reactive, crises management, deficit drained, Iraq loaded, Wall Street balck hole, tax dollar is sooooooo much more efficient......

I gotta hand it to you baby.... when you win... you win BIG!

Zing!!!!

...... cause the use of our reactive, crises management, deficit drained, Iraq loaded, Wall Street balck hole, tax dollar is sooooooo much more efficient......

I gotta hand it to you baby.... when you win... you win BIG!
Win? Is there some sort of competition going on here, Rez? I think you'd have a tough time getting people to switch horses mid-stream, that is, making a HUGE change to their everyday lifestyles. You're free to move over to Japan or Germany if you like.

Regards,

The HotShot of FlightInfo!!!

Win? Is there some sort of competition going on here, Rez? I think you'd have a tough time getting people to switch horses mid-stream, that is, making a HUGE change to their everyday lifestyles. You're free to move over to Japan or Germany if you like.

Regards,

The HotShot of FlightInfo!!!

HotSnot of FI,

People are already making HUGE changes in their lifestyle! Read a newpaper!

Once again regressives like yourself that don't like to think outside the box, quickly offer those who look at other countries for ideas, the opportunity to move to such countries as France, Germany, Sweeden and Japan.

So what you are saying is those that are to learn from others should just move to 'Japan' so the "know it alls" can have America to themselves....

God Bless YOUR America!

Take it Away Kate Smith!

God bless Your America,
Land that you love,
Stand beside yourself and guide yourself
Thru the night with a light from above;

From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans white with foam,
God bless my America,
My home, sweet home.
God bless my America,
My home, sweet home.

(p.s. get the phcuk out if you don't think like me!)
Sound about right?

Rezfully yours....

Latest resources

Back