• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Real Union Not Alpo!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People are already making HUGE changes in their lifestyle! Read a newpaper!
So Government intervention is the answer? If that is the answer, why is much of the world going through very much the same we are? Wouldn't Europe be insulated from this mess if their system was better?

Once again regressives like yourself that don't like to think outside the box, quickly offer those who look at other countries for ideas, the opportunity to move to such countries as France, Germany, Sweeden and Japan!
I'm not offering anything...I'm only reminding. If you want to stay here, that's fine as well. How am I regressive? I support personal responsibility...is that regressive in today's "Instant Gratification" age?

So what you are saying is those that are to learn from others should just move to 'Japan' so the "know it alls" can have America to themselves...
No, it was not intended to be a "love it or leave it" post.

-HotShot!!!

Watched a real union today stand up for it's workers. It was the UAW. They stood strong on their beliefs and were willing to let the company go bankrupt before they conceded wages. Maybe if the Mesa MEC stood up for their pilot group, the contract wouldn't be so crappy. ALPO has no balls. If Mesa went into bankruptcy protection, would the contract have been any worse. HELL NO!! Way to dumb down the industry ALPO. Call the UAW, and learn how to grow balls.

A Real Union Not SAPA!

It's more like blaming the Lender (MECs and LECs) for pressuring the buyers (Pilots) into unwise propositions (Concessions for future returns)

The MECs and LECs are pilots.

If you don't approve of the job they are doing. Become one yourself. It's up to you, not ALPA.

Employee cost is NOT the problem for the companies going bankrupt or leading them into finacial woes.
Management would love to tell you so, and some believe. The UAW knows better, that what led them into this situation was not the labor costs, but um....maybe the fact that the CEO's are raking in millions and millions every quarter for themselves.

How many jets does Bob Lutz have? 4-5?

The Legacy costs, costs incurred by the automakers to support their retired workforce, are a large competitive disadvantage that the 'Big 3' have with regards to the competition in the market place.

However, the Legacy costs by themselves are not the sole, or even the largest, reason for the current crisis.

So Government intervention is the answer? If that is the answer, why is much of the world going through very much the same we are? Wouldn't Europe be insulated from this mess if their system was better?

So you haven't been reading a newspaper.

Instead you try and instigate "Springer style" debate Joe Merchant Style.

I am still waiting for your "bad as5" analysis of PATCO. While you are at it, contrast the UK bailout terms and the US bail out terms.

I'm not offering anything...I'm only reminding. If you want to stay here, that's fine as well. How am I regressive? I support personal responsibility...is that regressive in today's "Instant Gratification" age?

Responsibility? Are you kidding... The Wall Street clowns are robbing us in broad daylight, pulling the plug on our flat screeen TV as we sit and watch and all you got is "Springer Style" debate......

Your version of personal responsibility is telling a person who lost a love one on 9/11.... "Well they shouldn't have been there... We all know terrorist like to hi-jack jets...."

No, it was not intended to be a "love it or leave it" post.

-HotShot!!!

Yet that is what is was, cause all you offer is populist trash talk. Your post suggest you have zero life experience and your social skills were obtained from watched MTVs the Real World, while your Mom served you grilled cheese sandwiches and other finger food snacks. I am thinking pigs in a blanket and mozzarella sticks....

If you don't approve of the job they are doing. Become one yourself. It's up to you, not ALPA.

He is not an ALPA member. He likes to thrive and wallow in other peoples business.....

But I like the guy, don't get me wrong..... he's like that cute mutt dog that keeps humping your leg. A real life Mr. Peepers.....

"You have no understanding of how little power unions and labor have in this country."
Rez O. Lushun, 11 Dec 2008

So you haven't been reading a newspaper.
Guilty as charged, Rez. I don't have a newspaper subscription. Do I get half-points for getting my news from the internet?

I am still waiting for your "bad as5" analysis of PATCO. While you are at it, contrast the UK bailout terms and the US bail out terms.
Rez, I don't think the members of FI find the PATCO Strike as interesting as you. To sit back and watch repetitive and prententious erudition is irritating. If you'd like to discuss it in earnest, please PM me.
Responsibility? Are you kidding... The Wall Street clowns are robbing us in broad daylight, pulling the plug on our flat screeen TV as we sit and watch and all you got is "Springer Style" debate...
Maybe that's your problem Rez...you SITTING and WATCHING on your FLAT SCREEN TV. Take a break from FI...go outside for some fresh air and get involved...like me.

Your version of personal responsibility is telling a person who lost a love one on 9/11.... "Well they shouldn't have been there... We all know terrorist like to hi-jack jets...."
I, for one, am offended at this comment.

Yet that is what is was, cause all you offer is populist trash talk. Your post suggest you have zero life experience and your social skills were obtained from watched MTVs the Real World, while your Mom served you grilled cheese sandwiches and other finger food snacks. I am thinking pigs in a blanket and mozzarella sticks...
Feel better now?

He is not an ALPA member. He likes to thrive and wallow in other peoples business...
Don't forget to mention: a PROUD non-ALPA member.

Thriving and Wallowing in Your Business,

The Bad Assed, Hotshot Analyst of FlightInfo!!!

"You have no understanding of how little power unions and labor have in this country."
Rez O. Lushun, 11 Dec 2008

Posted before Rez's comment above:

Your contracts, pay, benefits, and job security are no more secure under ALPA than any other Union.

CFIT...your post is another example of Rez swinging in the dark.

Latest resources

Back