• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick reminder about ACA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Use Splerts link. Pay particular attention to Section 1 D 2 c.

Seems pretty clear to me. Doesn't say anything about granfather clauses, force majeure, "reviewing" anything, etc.

They are only allowed to codeshare with carriers that operate airplanes larger than 70 seats with our permission.

I think the point being made about ACA's contract predating the PWA is not about the scope issue. It is about the contract between ACA and DAL and the poison pill involvong the 328's.

If the ACA contract was agreed to prior to the PWA, it would be DAL's burden if DALPA doesn't allow ACA to continue due to the larger aircraft being flown. This being said, DAL would have to eat the 328 leases if DALPA doesn't allow ACA to continue with DAL.

I seriously doubt ACA management would agree to any code-share agreement with language regarding future PWA's between DAL and DALPA.

The question is: who is Delta's bigger competitor - ACA as a small, new LCC or full size United? I would think that Delta management must be licking their chops at ACA trying to torpedo United for good and then picking up large chunks of United's route structure. Just an observation.

Relative to the DL scope clause, ACA will simply use a difference certificate to fly the independent service from the Dorkjet service.

From the point of view of the DL ALPA contract, if the Dorkjets are at ACJet but the 737s are at ACA, there's no problem.

ACA may choose to challenge the Delta pilots' PWA on this "non-compete" clause. The wording is a clear violation of anti-trust laws and spurns competition. Remember, a contract for an illegal purpose is not enforceable.

I don't have a law degree, and I'm not a lawyer, but I'd like to pose a question and see if anyone with some more experience in the matter can chime in.

Section 28 B: Effect on Other Agreements expressly forbids the grandfathering in of previous agreements between DAL and DALPA (except the 2 mentioned). Does this imply (in terms of contract law) that agreements between DAL and an Affiliate (ACA), may be grandfathered in, since it is not expressly forbidden?

In other words, since the contract takes the stance of expressly forbidding the grandfathering of certain things, is the lack of expressly forbidding the grandfathering of other agreements an implied consent to grandfather them in?

Edit: This, of course, would only apply if the DAL/ACA agreement allowed ACA to operate 70+ seat aircraft outside of the DAL codeshare.

Fins,

When can you not try to protect yourself? A contract is a contract. We just told Leo that. If ACA becomes direct competition for us, I am sure Delta would stop paying for their continued success at our expense. (CVG)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Fins,

When can you not try to protect yourself? A contract is a contract. We just told Leo that. If ACA becomes direct competition for us, I am sure Delta would stop paying for their continued success at our expense. (CVG)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

... And eat our 328 leases.

A quick reminder...

NYRANGERS said:
...what makes you think Delta would want to provide a fee for departure to an airline that intends to directly compete with them?

Are you saying that Delta doesn't compete with Northwest
and Continental?

They both fly airplanes with more than 100 seats so why would ACA 737s be any different?

Latest resources

Back