A pilots best advocate is Michael Moore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, if not capitalism, what?!QUOTE]

Don't be offended, but I feel you're missing my point. Capitalism is the way to go. But, that's not what we have. We have a system of corruption-for-reward and unbridled greed at the expense of others. When we have laws in-place that benefit major corporations at all costs, at the expense of the working class, that's not capitalism.

My other post illustrates how the insurance industry is allowed (let me say that again, "allowed") to collude by law. That's not capitalism. Our country is run by the major corporations, for the major corporations. Our country doesn't exist for you and me, like it's supposed to.

I WISH that was the case... it should be 1 vote for every $5000 in taxes you pay. now that system would work great. no more sucking on the government teet

If this were the case, you could inherit a ton of money (ala Paris Hilton), pay taxes on the capital gains that you invest, and then wield enormous voting power -- just because you're rich.

Meanwhile, the guy who sweeps the floors to support his family (instead of selling crack or other crime), has no voting power.

Votes should not be tied to how much money you have. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you're a better person. This point should be especially clear for those who consider themselves Christian.

If one is to adopt this "I'm better because I'm rich" concept, then you'd probably also believe that a 747 guy is a better pilot than a turboprop guy. That kind of mindset is part of how our industry got into this mess.

never said better. just discontinuation of entitlements. As soon as Hope and change gets 50% of the people on the government Teet then we are all screwed....if you dont pay into the system... then you dont get anything out of the system... that simple..

Meanwhile, the guy who sweeps the floors to support his family (instead of selling crack or other crime), has no voting power.

if he sweeps floor and pays taxes then he has a vote... if he sells crack and doesnt pay taxes.. then he doesnt have a vote...

..............deleted

Last edited:
if he sweeps floor and pays taxes then he has a vote... if he sells crack and doesnt pay taxes.. then he doesnt have a vote...

Agreed, that people who don't pay taxes shouldn't have a vote. There should be no free lifetime welfare for criminals or the able-bodied. But, you didn't readdress the issue of having more votes, just because you're rich.

For those of you that are anti-Michael Moore, I can respect if you don't agree with him. However, what I CANNOT respect are those practicing simplistic black and white thinking. Believe it or not, one can indeed criticize what is wrong with capitalism and participate in it at the same time. Have you ever had a bad thing to say about corruption? Then you're a pinko commie hypocrite! Have you criticized the management at your airline???? You must be anti-air travel and you're a pilot? What a hypocrite you are!! :rolleyes:Get it now? WOW! What an AMAZING concept huh?!?

If you've actually seen the movie and do your own thinking instead of letting to Fox, Rush et al doing your thinking for you, it would be obvious that he isn't summarily bashing capitalism and thus he is NOT a hypocrite for making this film.

Continue to keep your head in the sand if you want, intellectual cowards.

..............deleted

What has been proved about MM is that he fabricates stories.
He loves totalitarian Cuba and envies their third world medical system.
He decries capitalism without offering sufficient evidence of a better system (shockingly, news flash!!! it's not perfect!! WOW he's so smart!!)

Your arrogance supporting a blowhard like MM while decrying FOX news and the others on the administrations' enemies list is just too funny.

MM doesn't offer critical thinking, he offers one sided, edited, stilted fiction. You feeling it's fact says more about you than anything else could.

As the current President is finding out....... simplistic campaign rhetoric does not policy make. It's a lot easier when you aren't responsible for anything (ie. MM and Senator Obama).

At least dissent is still legal, until your heroes try to outlaw it! Jeez!

What has been proved about MM is that he fabricates stories.
He loves totalitarian Cuba and envies their third world medical system.
He decries capitalism without offering sufficient evidence of a better system (shockingly, news flash!!! it's not perfect!! WOW he's so smart!!)

Yet another black and white thinker that hasn't seen the film (or worse, has seen it and just wasn't paying attention)

Your arrogance supporting a blowhard like MM while decrying FOX news and the others on the administrations' enemies list is just too funny.

With your misplaced arrogance, your whole post is laughable.

MM doesn't offer critical thinking, he offers one sided, edited, stilted fiction. You feeling it's fact says more about you than anything else could.

As the current President is finding out....... simplistic campaign rhetoric does not policy make. It's a lot easier when you aren't responsible for anything (ie. MM and Senator Obama).

huh? You don't even know what you're saying. Moore and Obama have nothing in common on culpability.....(if that's what you think you were saying.)

At least dissent is still legal, until your heroes try to outlaw it! Jeez!

Ha! Do you mean like the Cheney/Bush regime? Whatever, just fly the plane.

Yet another black and white thinker that hasn't seen the film (or worse, has seen it and just wasn't paying attention)

With your misplaced arrogance, your whole post is laughable.

huh? You don't even know what you're saying. Moore and Obama have nothing in common on culpability.....(if that's what you think you were saying.)

Ha! Do you mean like the Cheney/Bush regime? Whatever, just fly the plane.

Simplistic thinking of MM is what you are endorsing. There is no theme of unbiased critical thinking in his propaganda. But he hates the USA!

And shutting down of dissent is what you are advocating politically.

Thanks for deigning to still allow someone like me who flies for the Navy reserve and a major carrier to remain employed.

Latest resources

Back