• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A pilots best advocate is Michael Moore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since when are pilots "white collar"? Pilots are skilled labor. I was flying with a captain who was reading an article in the USA today with him bragging how he made more than most doctors. I pointed out how he needed his airline intact to make that amount. Airline goes away, he is no better than a $30 k/ year new-hire (assuming he wanted to start over after 25 years). Those doctors could leave their hospitals, or firms, and continue that salary elsewhere.

Still on point.

I think you missed the point. As a pilot preparing to leave (and a former pizza dude); it is about entrusting the public to such a low paid, perhaps somewhat bitter professional. Eventually, the pilots you want flying will leave the profession and it will be "pizza dudes" navigating the friendly skies. This is great news for pizza dudes, but not so for individual with higher monetary career aspirations (which has some correlation to talent).

To be more blunt: they are using safety as a springboard to complain about their situation. They took a job thinking it would lead to a better job. It hasn't worked yet and now they are angry and disappointed.

You cannot convince me those pilots took a commuter job only to expose the commuter airline industry. It's only after things didn't work out their indignation begins.

It's no different than someone who buys a house next to an airport and then begins to complain about the noise. And if that doesn't work, they next say the airport is dangerous and needs to be closed.

No different in my view.

And what is a Barack and Dem controlled NMB doing about it – nothing of course. AA has three labor groups in federally mediated negotiations with no end in sight.

Last I heard from our union leadership was that we are way back on the back burner. Barack’s main concerns now are Health Care and the mid-term elections. The last thing he wants is to be burden down with some white collar pilots looking to improve their pay and quality of living.

So much for change!

AA767AV8TOR
At least their on the burner. Bush put them on the floor and then went and F'd up America.

I can't understand pilots who slam or hate Michael Moore on this movie. In his movie about Capitalism, Michael shows how difficult our lives have become and he interviews at least 2 pilots. Has making anti-Moore posts actually seen the movie?

I don't think there is a complaint against the message. It is the person bringing this story to light who is devisive.

At least their on the burner. Bush put them on the floor and then went and F'd up America.

They're, on the burner moron! Oh yeah, Bush F'd up America, this from someone who can't be validated by even comprehending the english language!

Michael Moore is a seditious traitor. There are other venues for airing the low pay of pilots. If I had control this fat lying whale would never get on any plane I ever flew.

And we see another cause of our fall-
we disenfranchise ourselves. We get our money through collective bargaining and unionism- yet a majority of us do not believe in it or support it politically. Republicans don't care about us bc they stand against unions. Dems don't care about us bc we don't vote for them.
Obama certainly doesn't owe the conservative majority of pilots anything. Why would you think he does?
I do find it funny that conservatives among us argue against unions for everyone but us- yet propose no method that our careers could be set up in a more free market way.

Having spent years at one of the worst commuter airlines around, I understand how difficult the job is. What I still can't understand is how someone can complain after willingly taking such a job.

Before I went off to the commuters I knew the pay was crap. I knew the working conditions and hours were horrid. I also knew advancement to the best jobs in this unstable industry was no better than a crap-shoot. Who among the readers here would like to admit they knew none of this?

And then, to complain to someone as disingenuous as Michael Moore is simple insanity. This person who makes millions in the capitalist system only to turn around and slam capitalism? That makes no more sense than complaining about a job you willingly accepted. Moore is simply an opportunist trading on the dissatisfaction of others. Do you really want that type of person as an ally?

Good luck.

are you an FFDO also?

Latest resources

Back