• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A pilots best advocate is Michael Moore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that fooktard Glen Beck or that pill-popper Rush Limbaugh, or that skinny shrill wind-bag Ann Coulter engages in theatrics to make a point, you right-wing wackos are all hunched over in a corner pleasuring yourself to it.

The difference is the people you listed largely believe passionately in what they are doing. Michael Moore is a hypocrite.

The gist of the movie is this: the U.S. was based on democracy. One man, one vote.

It is now based on money. One dollar = one unit of influence.

Now, if you like that setup, great for you. If you'd rather we looked out for everybody, or at least the majority, instead of the 1% that own 90%, then the movie rings a bell for you.

The worship of money isn't found in the Bible. It isn't found in the Constitution. It came out of the Red Scare and thirty years of marketing. Oh and the decline of our schools.

But what do I know. I thought Sicko was brilliant too, even better, actually....

What I still can't understand is how someone can complain after willingly taking such a job.

And what I still can't understand is how people involved in this industry can't understand why other people in this industry complain! Wake up people and clean the freaking wax out of your ears!! Pilots didn't get involved in this industry to be 10 year FO's flying a barbie jet taking home 2 grand a month. They got involved in this industry to spend 5 years at most at the scumbag regionals and move on to a major airline where the vast majority of the flying and jobs were at. But management has destroyed that career path and has created a glass ceiling, so to speak, at the puss filled regionals. Many of us got involved in this profession pre 9-11 when a career path to a major was all but assured unless you had some serious blemishes on your record. It's like buying a Ferrari and getting a Pinto. Some of you self righteous SOB's who don't dare blame anything or anybody but themselves for their woes in life are out of touch. Heres another news flash for you folks.. sometimes it really is someone else's fault for your woes. Think about it.

Well said pipe!

One of my favorite FI posts

And what I still can't understand is how people involved in this industry can't understand why other people in this industry complain! Wake up people and clean the freaking wax out of your ears!! Pilots didn't get involved in this industry to be 10 year FO's flying a barbie jet taking home 2 grand a month. They got involved in this industry to spend 5 years at most at the scumbag regionals and move on to a major airline where the vast majority of the flying and jobs were at. But management has destroyed that career path and has created a glass ceiling, so to speak, at the puss filled regionals. Many of us got involved in this profession pre 9-11 when a career path to a major was all but assured unless you had some serious blemishes on your record. It's like buying a Ferrari and getting a Pinto. Some of you self righteous SOB's who don't dare blame anything or anybody but themselves for their woes in life are out of touch. Heres another news flash for you folks.. sometimes it really is someone else's fault for your woes. Think about it.

Outstanding post! I pity anybody coming up now that loves to fly like I did when I was young. We always treated the ticket to the majors as worth the aggravation of multiple military deployments or 5 years of poverty wages w/6 legs per day. Through the magic of management we now wait far longer for that ticket (all be it doing former mainline flying of course) and in my case find the ticket is for a show called BOHICA!

Heres another news flash for you folks.. sometimes it really is someone else's fault for your woes. Think about it.

Beautifully said! I'm very tired of the anti-union stance among pilots who really think that it's always one's own fault if their career goes bad.

Like I said in my other post: while your seniority number is at risk of getting cut, someone out there is getting rich. Does it really make you feel better to rationalize that?

If you need an example, consider the abhorent factories and "company towns" of the 19th century. Without wage, safety, and fairness-in-the-workplace laws, workers were exploited while management got rich. Is that what capitalism was meant to be -- most have nothing, while a few have it all? That was actually more in-line with communism. Yet, that's what we've got here. Pilots have nothing, while the managements at these companies laugh all the way to the bank.

To complain about the "scope give-away" from mainline unions and the exploitation of pilots by managements is very valid. Ask yourself: does it really need to be this way?

So, if not capitalism, what?! Anyone else got a system out there that will yield the freedoms and prosperity we enjoy in the US?

Michael Moore surely has benefited from capitalism. He would be jailed in his beloved Cuba, and would be an unknown pauper in Canada.

His formative relationship with the auto industry wound not even have existed without capitalism. There would have been no jobs to lose.

I'm thankful for the United States, its freedoms, and the riches our economic system provides. Guess that makes me a right wing wacko.

I remember when the transition from Carter to Reagan happened. When the last President who was ashamed of his country was replaced by one who was proud of his country. History seems to be on the verge of repeating itself, as we have a Carter clone as our current President.

Last edited:
The gist of the movie is this: the U.S. was based on democracy. One man, one vote.

Not too familiar with history is he (or you?). This is not a pure democracy, this is a representative republic, there is a big difference now and it was even bigger 200+ years ago.

Michael Moore is a fiction artist. Never let facts get in the way of edited fabrications to reinforce your own biased beliefs (sigh).

I WISH that was the case... it should be 1 vote for every $5000 in taxes you pay. now that system would work great. no more sucking on the government teet

Latest resources

Back