Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: A No-class act at PSA

~~~^~~~ said:
Good post! PCL and I actually agree about something.

Wish that I had a dollar for every snide comment a Delta pilot has made to me while I'm non reving - but it would be outweighed if I had a nickel for every nice thing a Delta pilot had done. One even ran around to the forward cargo bin on the MD88 to grab my brain bag and carry on. 99.9% of pilots are real gentlemen.

The Pro Standards program works - use it if you feel necessary.

You know, the two of you are right...ProStans is the appropriate avenue for a solution, not the CP or anyone else. The F/O in question needs to learn some restraint and ettiquette, not have his head on a chopping block. As we speak my letters are going into my own circular file.

Weird....I can't remember when a message board changed my mind on anything.

There are bad apples EVERYWHERE!

Yes, even at Southwest and Midway Airlines. So, if this was a constantly reoccuring problem I'd consider this a reflection on a group of people-but this isn't it, sorry, but it's one person-not the whole company.

PDTGIMP said:
There are bad apples EVERYWHERE!

Yes, even at Southwest and Midway Airlines. So, if this was a constantly reoccuring problem I'd consider this a reflection on a group of people-but this isn't it, sorry, but it's one person-not the whole company.

I believe in the original post I wrote "I know that this incident isn't indicative of the pilot group as a whole at.....", so I'm not sure what you are getting at. I never considered it a reflection of the company, even when I typo-ed in the wrong one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: A No-class act at PSA

CatYaaak said:
You know, the two of you are right...ProStans is the appropriate avenue for a solution, not the CP or anyone else. The F/O in question needs to learn some restraint and ettiquette, not have his head on a chopping block. As we speak my letters are going into my own circular file.

Weird....I can't remember when a message board changed my mind on anything.

catyaak,

what are you the lord protector of FA's or something. Get over it. Make sure you send a copy to the ALG guys too so we can have a good laugh.

LearLove said:
catyaak,

what are you the lord protector of FA's or something. Get over it. Make sure you send a copy to the ALG guys too so we can have a good laugh.

Nope, just someone who hates to see a friend undeservedly subjected to low-rent crap from the cockpit, when they get enough of that from Pax, and still put on the smiley face.

But by all means, Learlove, you boys feel free to laugh your little heads off. I can't even begin to tell you how much I don't care. Besides, I'm sure you need something to cheer you up these days.

CatYaaak said:
Nope, just someone who hates to see a friend undeservedly subjected to low-rent crap from the cockpit, when they get enough of that from Pax, and still put on the smiley face.

But by all means, Learlove, you boys feel free to laugh your little heads off. I can't even begin to tell you how much I don't care. Besides, I'm sure you need something to cheer you up these days.

catyak, I think most of us are still calling your "story" Bull Schit. Next time you want to take a shot at a pilot group, start your "story" with.........."This happened to ME the other day.........................."

Regards,

NYR

NYRANGERS said:
catyak, I think most of us are still calling your "story" Bull Schit. Next time you want to take a shot at a pilot group, start your "story" with.........."This happened to ME the other day.........................."

Regards,

NYR

Speaking of "Bull Schit", I invite you to show me where I "took a shot at a pilot group" (in fact, I made it a point in my original post to specifically say that I wasn't). Your straw-man declaration makes no sense anway; having escaped from the world of airline flying some time ago, I have no stake and hold no grudges with respect to any side of the squabbling in terms of "groups". I was speaking about one individual's conduct while on duty, towards a revenue passenger, no less.

Now, if I WERE to fabricate a story to further a hidden agenda, I'd come up with something truly inflammatory, start it with "it happened to ME" to make is sound more "real" to people like you, and then go on to use the lie as a springboard from which to lambast whole pilot groups or entire companies. If targeting a "group" was my aim or focus, I most certainly wouldn't have committed my typo-errors that mis-identified the airline this individual worked for in the first place.

However, all I asked was for people treat each other with proffesional courtesy as fellow crewmembers while on the job, REGARDLESS of which airline they fly for (and although they may be easy targets for the candy-a$$ed, F/A's have little say in what a company's corporate decisions are). That seems to be at odds with what you accuse me of.

IMO, everyone working for any regional is getting hosed in terms of that most basic issue...pay. It's true now, just as it was true 10 and 20 years ago. Until you can remove the passion from flying or re-regulate the industry, the existance of market forces, cutthroat competition resulting in winners and losers, and an availability of people willing to "do it for less" will ensure this pay bracket won't change much.

People DO, however, have complete control over the atmosphere they create while interacting with their peers, (even when the pay sucks), and that atmosphere plays a huge role in whether you actually enjoy going to work or not in your chosen proffession. If slinging verbal dung and establishing petty pecking orders is anyone's thing, well the industry certainly offers plenty of opportunity to do so, especially during these times (which are going to get worse) when most of it is in the toilet and very few employees....in all capacities... are not hurting, living on the bubble, or furloughed/laid-off. The easiest thing in the world is to begin blaming each other for things the marketplace or management controls.

Of course I know I'm wasting my breath. Have fun..in whichever type of atmoshpere you choose to create.

Cheers

CatYaaak <---- happier than ever to have escaped the airline world.

I find it very interesting that you say airline pilots should not complain about other companies taking flying, but your profile shows no airliners in your type of aircraft flown. Just because you kiss butt all day flying corprate, and cant speak out dosent mean we cant be upset. Like the old saying goes "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" Learn more about what your saying before you speak, people will respect you more for it. Hope you learned from your mistake.

Latest resources

Back