A No-class act at PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AceCrackshot said:
In the defense of this mythical WO pilot...

In only one year of jumpseating/DH/nonreving on USAir I can only
estimate the number of times one of my fellow crewmembers or myself were subjected to a "just an Express" type remark. I would imagine you are Mainline yourself, by the fact you can't distinguish the aircraft your COWORKERS fly (D328/D8).

As far as disparaging comments from coworkers, We learned well
from our mainline brothers and sisters. You have spent years shaking the cage, jerky. The animal is going to bite.

Additionally, if I wrote a ProStans letter every I time was subjected to some level of unprofessionalism on Mainline I'd have environmental protesters outside my door yelling about forest destruction.

Should he kept his mouth shut? Yes. Start trying yourself.

Please, enough with the "those mean mainline pilots were mean to me" BULL SH1t. I flew for PSA for four years and although I could sense the tention sometimes, I was never personally insulted or talked down to. It goes both ways, I have seen W/O pilots in black running shoes, wrong color blue pants even friggin wearing backpacks. Maybe it is the personal unprofessional appearance or deminor of a pilot who is "insulted".

I have heard so many stories that reek of BS. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a story that happened to "someone" yesterday, only to recall hearing the same story years ago.

Go to work, fly safe, treat your passengers great and worry about yourself..Oh yeah, and STFU

Apologies to PSA

buckeye669 said:
CatYaaak,

Get your facts straight. PSA does not fly Dash-8's. That would be a different carrier. Try getting the tail number next time you want to make a big stink. Better yet, complain about a flight YOU were actually on.

Sending a letter to the Chief pilot may also get you unwanted results. For example, a jump-seat rider once sent a letter to the Chief pilot of my airline regarding a flight he was on. This jump-seater was sitting in the passenger cabin and never addressed the Captain after the flight. The result of his letter got the small carrier that man worked for banned from our jumpseat forever. I'm sure his co-workers are not happy about that one.

Take PCL_128's advice on this one.

My apologies to PSA for misidentifying them as the employer of the F/O in question. I mis-typed the the name of the carrier, but in no way was my post sent as a form of slandering any pilot group of any company, or the company itself (I won't write the name of the Dash-8 company lest it be misconstrued). I thought that was pretty clear.

And I guess you missed the part about the F/A was NOT jumpeating, or non-reving. I'll direct my letters to the correct company of course, with the particulars, flight # etc. As far as professional behaviour, since that is the subject, I'll give my input whenever I see fit.

NYRANGERS said:
Please, enough with the "those mean mainline pilots were mean to me" BULL SH1t. I flew for PSA for four years and although I could sense the tention sometimes, I was never personally insulted or talked down to. It goes both ways, I have seen W/O pilots in black running shoes, wrong color blue pants even friggin wearing backpacks. Maybe it is the personal unprofessional appearance or deminor of a pilot who is "insulted".

I have heard so many stories that reek of BS. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a story that happened to "someone" yesterday, only to recall hearing the same story years ago.

Go to work, fly safe, treat your passengers great and worry about yourself..Oh yeah, and STFU

And Cak's story is sounding the Bull Sh1t horn as well. Try getting your airlines straight before you tell some 3rd person tale.

Re: Apologies to PSA

CatYaaak said:
My apologies to PSA for misidentifying them as the employer of the F/O in question. I mis-typed the the name of the carrier, but in no way was my post sent as a form of slandering any pilot group of any company, or the company itself (I won't write the name of the Dash-8 company lest it be misconstrued). I thought that was pretty clear.

And I guess you missed the part about the F/A was NOT jumpeating, or non-reving. I'll direct my letters to the correct company of course, with the particulars, flight # etc. As far as professional behaviour, since that is the subject, I'll give my input whenever I see fit.

So how are you going to get your letter back from the PSA chief pilot and MEC chairman? Furthermore your input does not fit.

Re: NO DASH 8's at PSA

Smoking Man said:
I must also reiterate the fact that PSA does NOT operate Dash 8’s.

Sending a letter to our chief pilot and our MEC would show that you need proper information before makeing slanderous statements about PSA and something that none of the FO's at PSA could have made.

PSA operates 30 DO-328's ONLY!

GOOD DAY SIR.

You're right, they don't. And I apologize to any and all who work for PSA for my recurring typos in my original post. I had PSA on the brain for some reason, and I know who the carrier was.

And in no way was my post meant to be slanderous to PSA or any company's pilot group. The post was regarding a single individual and a lack of courtesy while on the job.

Re: Re: Apologies to PSA

NYRANGERS said:
So how are you going to get your letter back from the PSA chief pilot and MEC chairman? Furthermore your input does not fit.

Because I never sent anything to anyone at PSA (my original posting containing typos).

And why does my input not fit?

JOHNNY 5's alive

CatYaaak said:

And why does my input not fit?

I was just trying to work in a reference to Johnny-5. In todays state of the world, it is getting harder and harder to talk about one of the greatest and most influential movies of all time........................Short Circuit!

Re: Re: A No-class act at PSA

PCL_128 said:
That would be just as unprofessional as what that FO did. There is no reason to go to the Chief Pilot about something like this. Your issues with another pilot that do not relate to safety should not be taken to the chief pilot. ALPA has its own avenues to be taken in cases like this. It's called the Professional Standards Comittee. You should call the Pro Stan chairman and talk to him about this. One of the Pro Stan volunteers will call the FO and talk to him about why his comments were inappropriate. There is no reason to get management involved in a case of this nature.
Good post! PCL and I actually agree about something.

Wish that I had a dollar for every snide comment a Delta pilot has made to me while I'm non reving - but it would be outweighed if I had a nickel for every nice thing a Delta pilot had done. One even ran around to the forward cargo bin on the MD88 to grab my brain bag and carry on. 99.9% of pilots are real gentlemen.

The Pro Standards program works - use it if you feel necessary.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: A No-class act at PSA

~~~^~~~ said:
Good post! PCL and I actually agree about something.

It was bound to happen eventually. :D

AceCrackshot said:
In the defense of this mythical WO pilot...

In only one year of jumpseating/DH/nonreving on USAir I can only
estimate the number of times one of my fellow crewmembers or myself were subjected to a "just an Express" type remark. I would imagine you are Mainline yourself, by the fact you can't distinguish the aircraft your COWORKERS fly (D328/D8).

As far as disparaging comments from coworkers, We learned well
from our mainline brothers and sisters. You have spent years shaking the cage, jerky. The animal is going to bite.

Additionally, if I wrote a ProStans letter every I time was subjected to some level of unprofessionalism on Mainline I'd have environmental protesters outside my door yelling about forest destruction.

Should he kept his mouth shut? Yes. Start trying yourself.

Well, aside from the fact that you hold a false and imagined premise that I'm mainline (and yet the WO F/O is "mythical"), your entire post does nothing but reveal the type of mindset that will go to any length to rationalize boorish behaviour. It's also the kind of mindset that misses the entire point of my original post, which I guess I'll restate differently so perhaps even you can understand;

It really makes no difference to me to what levels of petulant pettiness you lower yourself to while engaged in spats with other pilots regarding regional vs. mainline, W/Oed vs. contract-carrier, or J4J opponents vs. defenders issues, but pilots harassing F/As from any company (ticket-holding, non-reving, or jumpseating) is uncalled-for and unacceptable.

I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I won't apologize for thinking that way, or tolerate that kind of behaviour in any cockpit I occupy.
Most certainly, I would never listen to an admonition from anyone who defends it to keep my mouth shut when I know it has occured.

Latest resources

Back