A No-class act at PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CatYaaak

Sadly, it seems that some will use these frustrating times EVERYONE is experiencing as an excuse to take uncalled-for chept shots at other flight crewmembers. Yesterday, a Midway flight attendant was deplaning a PSA Dash-8 DCA-RDU flight, and as she did, was unexpectedly subjected to the F/O's snide comments directed at her that "she was taking their jobs".

After being junior-manned and stranded for two extra days because of the storm, I'm sure that's all she needed; some little thug-wannabe kid, who instead of doing his job as a proffesional pilot, thinks he's going to "educate" that particular 17-year airline veteran (and AFA member) about the industry.

By the way, she wasn't a non-rev (perhaps non-revs are suitable for abuse in that F/Os eyes), but held a ticket and helped pay for that flight. Looks like customer service doesn't mean squat for some if you happen to be wearing a uniform. If you have a problem with the pilots at Midway flying US Air colors, tell your management, or at least have the guts to level your snide comments to your fellow ALPA brothers at Midway. Trying to bully F/As from the cockpit is as low-rent and gutless as it gets.

Although she has more things to worry about, and wrote if off as just another loudmouth jerk (they of course see their share doing that job) and isn't the type to respond, the behaviour offended me as a professional pilot. It has no place in our cockpits or cabins. Please, keep it where it belongs or keep your mouth shut, and no F/A is trying to take any pilot's job no matter what your opinion is on J4J, etc etc. The Chief Pilot and MEC at PSA will both be getting a letter from me.

I know that this incident isn't indicative of the pilot group as a whole at PSA. For those of you who treat ALL crewmembers of any airline with decency, please let those few who don't know, that it won't be tolerated. Educate them, control them, or get rid of them.

That little sh-t should be suspended for a week, without pay.

Makes me ashamed to be a union pilot.

What a disgrace to the profession.

Well said Catyaaak;

As a furloughed Midway pilot, I feel all airline employees deserve the utmost respect in these difficult times. Snide remarks are usually without foundation or reason, this FO obviously opened his mouth without thinking.

Boo hoo!!!!

Dont you have anything better to worry about than some poor fa getting her feelings hurt. Big deal! Sticks and stones.....get over it, and write a real important letter.......

CatYaaak said:
The Chief Pilot and MEC at PSA will both be getting a letter from me.

That would be just as unprofessional as what that FO did. There is no reason to go to the Chief Pilot about something like this. Your issues with another pilot that do not relate to safety should not be taken to the chief pilot. ALPA has its own avenues to be taken in cases like this. It's called the Professional Standards Comittee. You should call the Pro Stan chairman and talk to him about this. One of the Pro Stan volunteers will call the FO and talk to him about why his comments were inappropriate. There is no reason to get management involved in a case of this nature.

CatYaaak,

Get your facts straight. PSA does not fly Dash-8's. That would be a different carrier. Try getting the tail number next time you want to make a big stink. Better yet, complain about a flight YOU were actually on.

Sending a letter to the Chief pilot may also get you unwanted results. For example, a jump-seat rider once sent a letter to the Chief pilot of my airline regarding a flight he was on. This jump-seater was sitting in the passenger cabin and never addressed the Captain after the flight. The result of his letter got the small carrier that man worked for banned from our jumpseat forever. I'm sure his co-workers are not happy about that one.

Take PCL_128's advice on this one.

NO DASH 8's at PSA

I must also reiterate the fact that PSA does NOT operate Dash 8’s.

Educate them,

Sending a letter to our chief pilot and our MEC would show that you need proper information before makeing slanderous statements about PSA and something that none of the FO's at PSA could have made.

PSA operates 30 DO-328's ONLY!

GOOD DAY SIR.

In the defense of this mythical WO pilot...

In only one year of jumpseating/DH/nonreving on USAir I can only
estimate the number of times one of my fellow crewmembers or myself were subjected to a "just an Express" type remark. I would imagine you are Mainline yourself, by the fact you can't distinguish the aircraft your COWORKERS fly (D328/D8).

As far as disparaging comments from coworkers, We learned well
from our mainline brothers and sisters. You have spent years shaking the cage, jerky. The animal is going to bite.

Additionally, if I wrote a ProStans letter every I time was subjected to some level of unprofessionalism on Mainline I'd have environmental protesters outside my door yelling about forest destruction.

Should he kept his mouth shut? Yes. Start trying yourself.

Latest resources

Back