• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A new low... Good luck Mesa Captains.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was applying to the "regional" carriers of the day, you know the ones with turboprops, the norm was 2500 TT with 300-500 multi.

I wish these were the mins when I was trying to get a job.

A350

I've heard the upgrade time at MESA isn't great these days either. Like. . .5 years in the jets and considerably less for the Dash/Beech?? Does this sound accurate?

I guess Mesa has some horrifically bad seat lock deal as well.

When I was applying to the "regional" carriers of the day, you know the ones with turboprops, the norm was 2500 TT with 300-500 multi.
I wish these were the mins when I was trying to get a job.

No joke... the early '90s were pretty bad, it took 4-5000 TT with 2000 ME freight dog time just to land a (gasp!) turboprop gig. How things change...

No joke... the early '90s were pretty bad, it took 4-5000 TT with 2000 ME freight dog time just to land a (gasp!) turboprop gig. How things change...

No hard feelings.. This ain't so bad other parts of the world they hire into the 777 with 300 hours at least here it's just a lousy RJ.

I'm wondering if Mesa is meeting their 600 pilot expectation so far. That's about 50 pilots per month, I would doubt it.

Hi!

U probably could name your plane and domicile. Eagle is now guaranteeing a base before you are hired. They used to send everyone to San Juan.

cliff
YIP

The Eagle email was so detailed that it knew where you lived.... In my case it talked about a upcoming open house in ORD in a few weeks.

Not to defend this sh!t hole operation, but losing an engine in a jet aircraft is virtually a non-event. Having 100 multi hours and getting hired to fly a CRJ isn't a big deal if you ask me. How about the guys getting hired to fly 135 checks in the middle of the night in overloaded Barons and 310's for example. They get hired with 15 hours of multi all the time and that's a hell of a lot more dangerous when an engine quits. There aren't many accidents attributed to losing control after an engine failure at these places either. I believe a lot of people who complain about low time hiring are pissed because they don't feel like people have paid their dues. That's fine, but safety of flight has virtually nothing to do with total multi time, at least in these jet aircraft.

um not sure who is the d-azz who started this thread but over half of mesa fo's get hired with about 225 total time and 25 multi from the mapd program. before i quit there i had a new hire class of 27 and 19 of them had just recieved there multi commercial..

end of thread
I heard they are not even interviewing the MAPD guys, they just tell them to show up on this class date,I heard Mesa is losing about 60 pilots per month...GEE....I wonder why ?...Soon they will be short of Captains because of the low timers will not have the time to upgrade...Sounds like an even bigger problem to me.An airline full of F/O's and no Captains.

The Eagle email was so detailed that it knew where you lived.... In my case it talked about a upcoming open house in ORD in a few weeks.

It was a coincidence. I got the same email about the Chicago open house and I don't live anywhere near Chicago.

Latest resources

Back