• Start date
  • Watchers 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the fbo last night at lax a flops pilot was trying to pay for fuel. For some reason the company card wasn't working. The company forced the pilot to pay for the fuel with his OWN credit card. He was speechless. He also said that the company would not be paying him back for it until after christmas. I felt bad for the guy.

All this pilot should have said is NO. We are not responsible for financing the company

When I was @ FLOPS, I met a coworker that had a $500 limit on a personal credit card and it was dedicated to company expenses for this very reason. He was at some Canadian airport that only took MC or Visa and the company had to call in a credit card number to pay for the fuel.

Flame, no one would pay with their own card

Can't say if the story is true or not but there have been many times over the years where pilots have put fuel expenses on their own cards to get their employer out of a jam so it wouldn't really surprise me. Ask the Polar, Tower, Kiwi, second Pan Am, National, Kitty Hawk, etc. guys if it ever happened at their company. Of course, what do all those airlines have in common? That's right. Crap companies operating on the brink of financial disaster with their employees shouldering the burden. FLOPS certainly meets that criteria so maybe some poor sap was made to feel his job was on the line if he didn't man up with a personal credit card. Obviously, many of us would rather tell the company where to go and get fitted for the Hope Depot apron but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I was at some obscure northern canadian airport and they did not accept multiserve. I had to put $2400 on my credit card. Flops paid me within 5 days with a direct deposit..

Of course that was 7 years ago when flops guys also used to stay in Ritz Carltons and spend 4 days on stby in cabo and sxm while the NJA guys were at the econolodge.. AHHHHH times change dont they..

Some guys are in a lean forward mode, get the job done kinda guys. I guess they should all be banned from working in avaition.

I was at a $hithole in MN that did not take multiserv one day. I actually OFFERED to use my personal card to pay for the fuel to get the heck out of there. Of course, I don't work at FLOPS.

(Turns out I didn't need to do this anyway, but I would have.)

Of course that was 7 years ago when flops guys also used to stay in Ritz Carltons and spend 4 days on stby in cabo and sxm while the NJA guys were at the econolodge.. AHHHHH times change dont they..

Econolodge? No, I don't think so. Hotels have been consistently good for the seven years I've been at EJA/NJA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back