Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Minimum Fuel Scenario..what would You do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhhhhhhh....geeee........Land at the nearest suitable airport!?!?!

When this question comes up on your next interview tell them that you would climb as high as possible until both engines flameout and that way you would have a greater glide distance to another field.

If you can get coffee to come out of the nose of the inteviewer that means you scored extra points.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

:laugh:

Why not just shut down both engines? That way you would save double the fuel. Or you could always try and shoot the approach at full power. That way you'd probobly blow the fog out and lift the field above minimums and land safely.

Why not just shut down both engines? That way you would save double the fuel. Or you could always try and shoot the approach at full power. That way you'd probobly blow the fog out and lift the field above minimums and land safely.
And use the "thrust " from the APU .....as a friend of mine said..we haven't left one up there yet...Just land the friggin airplane, pull the thrust back save as much as you can and land.. and as stated you should have never gotten in that situation to begin with and think outside the box a little bit. Don't crash a perfectly good airplane because you did not plan ahead.

Last edited:
In the timeless words of one of our esteemed former Mesa Captains when approaching to land in ROA

"Go-Around is NOT an option"

A buddy of mine was in the back of that ERJ for that one....sheeesh...

and please tell me you were joking about shutting down an engine???
Mookie

Latest resources

Back