A little pro-ALPA Koolaid for ya

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe,
as it pertains to EV and OH, the double staple sounds like what you are going to get.

The way I see it, that is a win win for DCI. Staple to this list and your career expectations become far greater than they are today. If I staple to the bottom of your list, I get a job with no expectations.

Know something on this we don't, ACL?

+1 for Joe's idea. Fair all the way around.

If a Delta guy believes this to be not fair, then why shouldn't a DCI guy argue the converse: DCI guy goes to the top of the Delta list and the Delta guy goes to the bottom of the DCI list, in the event of movement.

FWIW it's worth, it would be far better to get this figured out before the next boom time, which is probably just around the corner (12-18 months out....)

Well, none of this was my even close to my freaki'n point.

Thanks for the thread-jack guys!!!!

But since we're on the point, put me in for making the best I can here at the B-teams!!

Like Judge Smells said, "The world needs ditch diggers too."

Totally irrelevant. We're either all equal in the eyes of the union or we're not. Perceiving one's self at a different station of union privilege because of where you work is what's killing ALPA.

Another reason for Delta pilots to pull out and go inhouse. We owe it to ourselves to represent Delta pilots, not regional pilots. The conflict of interest will get more apparent as regional pilots comprise an increasingly powerful and vocal part of ALPA national.

As a DAL N guy I never quite understood the animosity btw DAL and its subs. But now I am getting up to speed quickly. These ********************ing yahoos act like they are negotiating from a posistion of power. It is our scope that ALLOWS them to have a job. We should not be negotiating anything other than a staple with flow down IN SENIORITY or nothing. Any sub that wants to deal gets on board and those that don't, TFB. Actually the corporation would be better off shifting the flying to one of the more junior feeders(such as compass) which would, at least short term save a ton of money. I am sure other than one or two the compass pilots would be greatful for the lottory ticket we just offered up. Guys like Joe and the N# dip******************** are part of the group that overplayed their perceived strength with their cute little rjdc band of homos. Guess they did not learn their lesson. I feel the vocal minority at cmr/asa are going to screw things up again for the majority that would love to be stapled to the bottom of a company with 600+ retirements per year for the next 25 yrs vs. trying to interview against former military, other commuters, corporates etc..The mid to junior asa/cmr pilots need to rein the guys in quick. Possibly a blanket party.

Another reason for Delta pilots to pull out and go inhouse. We owe it to ourselves to represent Delta pilots, not regional pilots. The conflict of interest will get more apparent as regional pilots comprise an increasingly powerful and vocal part of ALPA national.

Another reason for Delta pilots to pull out and go inhouse.

Thank you for making my point.

Just talking about a level playing field makes them want to leave the "union." Delta pilots did that at the Executive Council level too. I suspect they're still doing it. If the largest pilot group in ALPA should decertify, it would be a huge financial blow to what's left of this union and ALPA won't let that happen.

So the erosion of the union and the profession continues.

Last edited:
While this certainly was not the intended direction of this thread, I would submit that the views of the Delta pilots expressed on this board lead me to believe they can just go F themselves.

Jeeze-and Louise guys!! We are flying under scope you guys wanted or at least were willing to trade for. If you hadn't crapped this big fat turd, there would be more jobs at your freakin-armpit of a three-breasted-idiot-suit-flying club for us. We wouldn't have been stuck here in the first place if you morons hadn't allowed-no let's call it demanded- our existence.

But nooooooo!!!!! I can't just hear how it went!!!! You wanted to make darn tooti'n sure there were 'real' narrow body jobs for your freakin Navy/Marine buddies.

Wouldn't want those pooh-pooh ex-military types to be forced to fly a wittle prop plane!!! And Oh my not even those wittle jets are good enough for our buddies!!

So let's just let the company scope out that flying so we don't have to get our gold buttons soiled in those tiny wittle cockpits!!!! They'll never fly very many of them anyway!!!!

You guys made the monster and now you're mad because he killed the blind guy and tore off his brides head.

FU

But I'm not bitter!!!!

. We should not be negotiating anything other than a staple with flow down IN SENIORITY or nothing. Any sub that wants to deal gets on board and those that don't, TFB. Actually the corporation would be better off shifting the flying to one of the more junior feeders(such as compass) which would, at least short term save a ton of money. I am sure other than one or two the compass pilots would be greatful for the lottory ticket we just offered up. Guys like Joe and the N# dip******************** are part of the group that overplayed their perceived strength with their cute little rjdc band of homos.

Not saying you are wrong in your theory or opinion.....but, what you state shows clearly why ALPA is NOT a union of Airline Pilots, in any way, shape or form. That is not how a union works, where some are above others in the union. You may say TFB to that, but my point is just that. ALPA is not a union and certainly doesn't represent the interests of everybody that pays the same percentage in dues.

[/QUOTE].The mid to junior asa/cmr pilots need to rein the guys in quick. Possibly a blanket party.[/QUOTE]

This would be illegal, and the offenders would be charged with assault and battery. :laugh:

As a DAL N guy I never quite understood the animosity btw DAL and its subs. But now I am getting up to speed quickly. These ********************ing yahoos act like they are negotiating from a posistion of power. It is our scope that ALLOWS them to have a job. We should not be negotiating anything other than a staple with flow down IN SENIORITY or nothing. Any sub that wants to deal gets on board and those that don't, TFB. Actually the corporation would be better off shifting the flying to one of the more junior feeders(such as compass) which would, at least short term save a ton of money. I am sure other than one or two the compass pilots would be greatful for the lottory ticket we just offered up. Guys like Joe and the N# dip******************** are part of the group that overplayed their perceived strength with their cute little rjdc band of homos. Guess they did not learn their lesson. I feel the vocal minority at cmr/asa are going to screw things up again for the majority that would love to be stapled to the bottom of a company with 600+ retirements per year for the next 25 yrs vs. trying to interview against former military, other commuters, corporates etc..The mid to junior asa/cmr pilots need to rein the guys in quick. Possibly a blanket party.

And you can be the first one to pucker up and start making sink-drain noises!!!

Lumping ASA in with Comair!!?? After we made darn sure you guys got the best brake we could give during your furlough?? You compare us to Comair??

Pack it buddy!! Pack it, you worthless ungrateful moron!!

The other DCI carriers will just have mainline go on top of them, but these two will have DAL guys go to the bottom of the list to sign off on this. makes me sick as it is one more way to sell off the delta job. Even you Joe thought about coming here last time. Do Not even say you did not think about it!

IMHO, this is going to be the deal that everyone appears to be working for, right up to the point you elect Lee in to Prater's job and then this deal and any notion of a bilateral flow will disappear. There is no way DAL will give away the keys to their hiring, no matter who says it can happen.
superboy triyng to get it done. I say help get Lee in to Pratter's job.

Latest resources

Back