• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A little pro-ALPA Koolaid for ya

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And another thing people, Delta management will never go for your plan. It's too freakin expensive. Just the training and pilot shuffle costs alone are too high. It's much cheaper to just kick your guys to the curb for a few years.

I just don't see you guys giving up whatever it would take to talk the company into it.

The only thing that will work for everyone is a flat out bottom staple with all widget flying done on one seniority list. Every other option results in a B-team which can be leveraged against you.

But guess what...ain't gonna happen. You guys don't have the sense of short term sacrifice for long term gains that it would take. Management would want cuts from top to bottom and you ain't giving that up, and we both know it.

Not to mention the fact that you guys are not gonna tolerate a three breasted prop or RJ driver on the property, let alone in the training department. And don't get me started again on the ex-military guys thingy.

And we both know every other option maintains the present multi-tiered system, which will always act as a downward force on your vision of the profession.

If you allow a cessna caravan operation out there flying Delta PAX, it will someday grow into a stinking little cancer turd, just like us. The company will wave a little something in your face and you guys will allow some sort of scope. Next thing you know, that caravan op has got king-airs...oh my!!!

So, do what it takes to get it all in-house and tolerate my uneducated small plane flying butt in your crew lounge...or shut the F up and FLOW THIS!!!

You guys wanna maintain the caste system and then use it to your advantage, so you never have to hit the street. 'We're too good for a furlough....'

yeah...right

Re: A little pro-ALPa Koolaid for ya

Joe, Those regional pilots opting to stay and make the regionals their career is what is killing this business model. You cost to much.

Oh, the indignity!

A full-of-himself Delta FO telling an ASA "dead wood" captain he costs too much before going on to say that he wouldn't sit in Joe's right seat for less than $90/hr. ALPA's public story always been the idea of getting everybody's wages and benefits up but Nostrodumbass has inadvertently revealed the real agenda:

Competition [read: alter egos] among the regionals keep the costs down for management. DALPA tweaked their scope clause so as to expand the bidding for DCI flying and now there are nine DCI carriers. An unintended consequence of that union busting maneuver is that while Delta pilots were butt slapping each other about Comair going away, Republic took over the Shuttle. The Delta Shuttle is going away and not just off the property but outside the union as well.

And Scope out RJs - the guy standing on the street corner yelling at cars. He's been cutting and pasting the same insults since he was 737Pyle. To the other Delta pilots on here, Scope is like that "challenged" relative who lives in the basement and nobody ever talks about. He has always represented his pilot group so well; a testament to Delta's psych eval.

Really, you can't find entertainment like this on cable.

Joe,
Those regional pilots opting to stay and make the regionals their career is what is killing this business model. You cost to much.
A flow will try to get the "dead wood" to move up so they can reset the seniority. It is a great cost savings measure, and is the only reason I can see DAL management going a long with that notion. (Money means more than control over hiring limits and qualifications)

Maybe we should just have a "flow up" to get the "dead wood" to move on up? Is making this flying "mainline" going to lower the cost?

ACL65PILOT said:
I got one for you. I do not like this whole idea of a flow for many reasons. 1) It will reset the DCI costs and once again promote outsourcing, 2) Pilots that are on the DCI list from DAL are not subject to disciplinary action at the regional effecting their mainline employment rights, 3) In the event of a merger using the LCC arbitrated award those pilots on the regional list were stappled, totally effecting career expectations and 4) it is a poor substitute for recapturing fliying and keeps a B scale of the hands of DALPA.

We agree that a flowthrough doesn't solve our mutual concerns...Wonder why ALPA has peddled it for so long...I am starting to believe a one way flow up may be the answer however...

ACL65PILOT said:
Now you want DAL guys to the bottom of the list. I say, I do not care where I sit, as long as I make what I was making the day I walked of the DAL property. That means that as a year three or four DC-9/88 FO I would get paid 88 to 90.28 an hr to sit in you right seat. Now that sounds fine by me. Been there done that. Add to that, I continue to accrue longevity and my pay goes up per the DAL CBA. It is not about where you sit, I could care less if I am a CA or an FO for a temporary job.

Why would the company agree to pay you 90 bucks an hour to sit in the right seat of an RJ? You can wish all you want to....ain't going to happen....

ACL65PILOT said:
Now, it response to why I care. I am in little fear of furlough. It has to do with the people below me and protecting their rights, income potential and career expectations. It is not all or mostly about me. It is about the group I am part of. I want what is best for the plug and what is best for numero uno in the list.

You must be concerned that there will be some furloughs however...otherwise it wouldn't matter where a Delta pilot falls on a DCI list...Unless you want to "bid" into it when the commuting gets tough?...Hmmm....

Latest resources

Back