a little damage control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go flight instruct for a while.

It's a waste of time......."attitude, heading, watch your speed"....."heading" "altitude"......"watch your speed"...."where ya going"....."attitude, heading, watch your speed".......

Flight instructing isn't practical for prepping the kid for a jet, in my opinion.

I'd agree that the ATP jet course would be a bonafied help. I think one of them even offers ASA or Comair curiculum. Sheesh, you may even be able to BUY the time- It's about 400 an hour at Flight Safety, I think.

[It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it's not over now! And you can do .

You might want to check the history book on this one!!!

Sorry dude...I thought every pilot in the world knew that one! John Belushi's character in Animal House...trying to bring a little humor into the situation...

Just live by this Mantra and keep repeating it to yourself before your checkride.

"It will all come together during the re-check"

Good Luck

Didn't touch a jet till over 4500 hrs.

Go have some fun and 'learn' how to fly.
Meant with NO disrespect.

Different landscape these days.

See, the problem is that the regionals are offering the low timer an incredible window of opportunity to fly a jet. This WILL Change in the next 3 years. Traditionally,turbine aircraft were always perceived to be reserved for those who've "arrived." No such thing now. With places advertising mins. with COMM/MEL/IFR, a race begins to jump at the opportunity. No longer is it their desire to enjoy the pleasures of piloting an ordinary piston plane.

These rush-into-an-RJ types are many times in it for the glamour of being an airline pilot. Gone are the days of airmanship. That went away with the advent of improved technology.

Maybe I'm going too far, but the modern day pilot is just another worker following rules and regulations for pay not comensurate with the responsibility. You are just a cog. Not the respected seasoned captain of years past.

Aviation and the airline business has evolved over a short 100 or so years. Status quo will continue to change.

It's this GD short term mentailty that is drving this country into a SHEET hole.

Last edited:
Seriously, I want out of this country sometimes. But Ive spent extendedtime in various locales, but always still crave my hometown of NYC. Creature of habit I guess. And sitting in a hotel room or a terminal can drive you insane.

Okay, time to crack open another Stella.

Later skater.

Hours are no indicator of performance in training. It all depends on the individual. I shared the sim during my upgrade with a pilot who only had 250 hours tt and multi time measured in the teens. He did a fantastic job. Granted it was just a Dash 8... For those of you who really believe that a turboprop is so much easier than an RJ.

Then again I have flown with other new FO's with similiar time who, well, need a little more help. The thing is that those with a good attitude nearly always catch up eventually and do a fine job.

I do think, however, that those with substantial CFI experience or freight time are way ahead of the game.

I was dining out with a crew the other night, and I swear they had no idea how to use a fork and knife. I felt like I was dining with homeless people at a soup kitchen.

So, If you can utilise tableware with aplomb and good manner, I say you can be an airline pilot.

[It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it's not over now! And you can do .

You might want to check the history book on this one!!!

You're a dumass, even if you don't know the line from the movie, I think you should have caught it was a joke

Latest resources

Back